Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR True/False vs. Higher/Lower  (Read 2002 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR True/False vs. Higher/Lower
« on: August 28, 2003, 08:17:10 PM »
So I'm watching TPiR today, and they're playing Five Price Tags, and I thought to myself \"Hmm, ya know, for a game that has been on the show as long as this one, they're certainly playing it a lot lately.\"

Then I started thinking about it. In FPT, the way you win a chance is by deciding whether the price of the merchandise prize shown is true or false. In other games, such as Shell Game, a chance is won when by deciding whether the right price is higher or lower than the price shown.

(Still others use other mechanisms, like Plinko, Pass The Buck, and Master Key. For the purposes of this discussion I just want to focus on the \"higher / lower\" vs. \"true / false\" games. Also, I'm not talking about big-ticket games like Switch? or One Wrong Price. I'm only thinking about games where winning merchandise prizes earn the player chances to win the big prize.)

I don't have a desire to go through the whole list to check myself, but over history, I'm thinking there were many more games that used the \"higher/lower\" concept than the \"true/false\" one. What I want to know is, does that sound right, and how many games DID use the true/false concept? Was FPT the only one?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

TPiR True/False vs. Higher/Lower
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 08:35:13 PM »
I thought I remembered a few early playings of Punch a Bunch in 1978 or 1979 using the True-False, but aside from that, I think 5PT is the only one to use it.