Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Plus  (Read 2147 times)

mikeg

Password Plus
« on: March 16, 2006, 12:11:58 PM »
Just a few questions on Password Plus. How early in the run are the episodes on GSN right now? It must be pretty early because the alphabetics board is center stage. Also, when do they change the rules so the teams alternate who decide has the option and later, the team that won the last word has the option. When do they reduce the maximum number of clues from six to four?
My cable system, Comcast, finally dropped the infomercials they used to run from 12 a.m.-12 p.m., so I get GSN in the morning. I was hoping to get some Tom Kennedy episodes, but oh well.

Brandon Brooks

Password Plus
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »
[quote name=\'mikeg\' date=\'Mar 16 2006, 12:11 PM\']Just a few questions on Password Plus. How early in the run are the episodes on GSN right now? It must be pretty early because the alphabetics board is center stage. Also, when do they change the rules so the teams alternate who decide has the option and later, the team that won the last word has the option. When do they reduce the maximum number of clues from six to four?
My cable system, Comcast, finally dropped the infomercials they used to run from 12 a.m.-12 p.m., so I get GSN in the morning. I was hoping to get some Tom Kennedy episodes, but oh well.
[snapback]113135[/snapback]
[/quote]
They just ended the PP+ (with Kennedy) run about a month ago.  These are episodes in the beginning of the run.

Brandon Brooks

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Password Plus
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »
[quote name=\'mikeg\' date=\'Mar 16 2006, 11:11 AM\']Just a few questions on Password Plus. How early in the run are the episodes on GSN right now? It must be pretty early because the alphabetics board is center stage. Also, when do they change the rules so the teams alternate who decide has the option and later, the team that won the last word has the option. When do they reduce the maximum number of clues from six to four?
[snapback]113135[/snapback]
[/quote]
They're in Week 7 now.  I believe the option going to the player who won the password rather than lost was changed effective with the Monty Hall/Janet Lennon week (I could be off by a week or two), which is still quite a ways from now.  It was sooner for the "six clues down to four" rule change, but I'm not sure by how much.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

WhammyPower

Password Plus
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 16 2006, 01:01 PM\']I believe the option going to the player who won the password rather than lost was changed effective with the Monty Hall/Janet Lennon week (I could be off by a week or two), which is still quite a ways from now.  It was sooner for the "six clues down to four" rule change, but I'm not sure by how much.
[snapback]113158[/snapback]
[/quote]
Answers and more
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:31:15 PM by WhammyPower »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Password Plus
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »
I didn't realize it took that long for them to change the rule concerning the option. The show still feels foriegn to me when I see the losers gain control after a miss.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck