Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC Should Thank It's Lucky Stars...  (Read 10985 times)

tvwxman

NBC Should Thank It's Lucky Stars...
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 04:14 PM\'] At this rate, I wonder if it will even make it to the planned syndie version in 2007.
[snapback]113824[/snapback]
[/quote]

As of now, there is no plan to debut a syndie version in 2007. Speculation, yes, but official word on show, date, format, host, etc, no.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 09:13 AM\'][bad American Idol audition
Off to the Unan1mous room with you!

ObGS: JD Roth executive produces Unan1mous.  The guy's come a long way since Fun House...I'm just not sure which way. :-)
[snapback]113806[/snapback]
[/quote]
I really, really hope this show tanks.

Brandon Boroks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:47:21 PM by Brandon Brooks »

TimK2003

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 09:54:57 PM »
FWIW, Watching Tuesday's (3/21) "Live w/ Reege & Kelly", Regis mentioned that Meridith was indeedc going to 30 Rock.  

His wife Joy, who was filling in for Kelly, asked if Regis would ever consider doing Millionaire again if Meredith didn't or couldn't return, he pretty much said he wouldn't be interested.

Thad Dixon

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 09:33:44 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 01:47 PM\']JD Roth executive produces Unan1mous.  The guy's come a long way since Fun House...I'm just not sure which way. :-)
[/quote]

If it gets to the point where JD Roth replaces Pat O'Brien on The Insider one of these days, then he might be going the wrong way.

uncamark

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 02:56:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 05:47 PM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 09:13 AM\'][bad American Idol audition
Off to the Unan1mous room with you!

ObGS: JD Roth executive produces Unan1mous.  The guy's come a long way since Fun House...I'm just not sure which way. :-)
[/quote]
I really, really hope this show tanks.
[snapback]113842[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, this morning Berman said that it got "ample sampling" as a result of being given the dream slot coming out of "Idol" (and having only the Dharma show on CBS not already in progress at 9:30).  Still, 40 percent of the audience went elsewhere at 9:30.  We'll see what happens next week.

(It should be mentioned that one of us on this board works on that show.  Not that that didn't stop us from ripping apart Mandel over "Card Guppies."  :))

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 23 2006, 02:56 PM\']Well, this morning Berman said that it got "ample sampling" as a result of being given the dream slot coming out of "Idol" (and having only the Dharma show on CBS not already in progress at 9:30).  Still, 40 percent of the audience went elsewhere at 9:30.  We'll see what happens next week.
[/quote]
<Marv Albert>YESSSSSS!!!!</Marv Albert>  I hope it dives further next week.
[quote name=\'uncamark\'](It should be mentioned that one of us on this board works on that show.  Not that that didn't stop us from ripping apart Mandel over "Card Guppies."  :))
[snapback]113918[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, I don't want said person to be out of work, but I don't care.  That show has such a mean, twisted concept, that no, I don't want something like that to succeed.

Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 08:50:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 09:54 PM\']FWIW, Watching Tuesday's (3/21) "Live w/ Reege & Kelly", Regis mentioned that Meridith was indeedc going to 30 Rock. 
[snapback]113862[/snapback]
[/quote]
I see nothing online stating that.  Can you corroborate this?

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Mar 23 2006, 05:39 PM\']Well, I don't want said person to be out of work, but I don't care.  That show has such a mean, twisted concept, that no, I don't want something like that to succeed.
[snapback]113962[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's not that it's mean and twisted to me, it's just _stupid_. I fail to see any reason why someone would voluntarily agree to make someone else the winner.

It strikes me that their intent is to humiliate people out of the game. Which, really, when you think about it, is par for the course on Fox, so is there anything to get worked up about?

And they're airing it opposite...the second half-hour of Lost? Yeah, that has a prayer. I wouldn't be concerned.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 09:35:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 23 2006, 05:54 PM\']It's not that it's mean and twisted to me, it's just _stupid_. I fail to see any reason why someone would voluntarily agree to make someone else the winner.[/quote] I gave it the game try like I do for any new game show, and I couldn't get on board, mainly for that reason. Sure, games like Survivor and Big Brother involve political maneuvering to convince other players to essentially give you the money, but there's nothing here to watch. The conflict on those shows is amusing because of the situation. We have nine people sitting on their asses, being told when to eat, sleep, pee and vote people out. Yawn.

It strikes me that their intent is to humiliate people out of the game. Which, really, when you think about it, is par for the course on Fox, so is there anything to get worked up about?
That's the thing. No game means they have to go another route, which is something I didn't realize until I had actually seen the game in action. Unless one person can manage to bully the others into losing, I predict the first 'adventure' show with no winner.

And they're airing it opposite...the second half-hour of Lost? Yeah, that has a prayer. I wouldn't be concerned.
[snapback]113966[/snapback]
So the passwords are "No" "Prize" "Excitement" and "Viewers." "I'd like to solve the puzzle! Is it the Fox Network?"
Travis L. Eberle

JayDLewis

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 11:02:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Mar 23 2006, 08:50 PM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 09:54 PM\']FWIW, Watching Tuesday's (3/21) "Live w/ Reege & Kelly", Regis mentioned that Meridith was indeedc going to 30 Rock. 
[snapback]113862[/snapback]
[/quote]
I see nothing online stating that.  Can you corroborate this?

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]113964[/snapback]
[/quote]

Reege also said that Katie *WAS* leaving Today. Reege got it all wrong. I'm sure that if Katie was indeed leaving, it woulda been ALL OVER the entertainment news sites by now.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything