Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Survivor contestants named  (Read 1580 times)

brianhenke

Survivor contestants named
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:25:04 AM »
If you call Survivor a game show, this morning was a big day as the contestants for Survivor: Pearl Islands were announced.

For the first time, Cincinnati will be represented. Cincinnati has the best Survivor ratings (but Ch. 12 failed to rerun the Survivor: Thailand premiere, airing a TV movie instead).

Lillian Morris, a 51-year-old scout leader, has been named one of the 16 who will try to outwit, outplay and outlast one other for the $1 million prize beginning Sept. 18.

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Michael Brandenburg

Survivor contestants named
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 09:47:04 PM »
Actually, Lillian is from Lebanon, Ohio (the county seat of Warren County, one county to the northeast from Cincinnati), but I consider that close enough.  However…

Even though the Greater Cincinnati area is probably Survivor's biggest market area, I really don't care for that show -- I lean more toward TLC's Junkyard Wars, which has established itself as somewhat of an anti-thesis of Survivor.  (For example, you don't get some wimpy torch from Pier One Imports on Junkyard Wars -- instead, you get a blowtorch that can cut a car in half!)

And, to my delight, the Greater Cincinnati area is represented on Junkyard Wars: The Kentucky Post reported in today's edition that Jeff Hartline, a firefighter and EMT from Hebron, Kentucky (not far from the Greater Cincinnati International Airport) will be a contestant on Junkyard Wars' September 17, 2003 episode!

He and his teammates will attempt to build (in just ten hours) a harvesting machine out of junk in a North Hollywood junkyard, using their own tools and ingenuity!

(Will it work?  Tune in and find out: 9 P.M. Eastern time on September 17 on TLC.)

Michael Brandenburg
   (And, win or lose, he won't have to eat any rats on the show!)