Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Felsher Facts  (Read 9938 times)

zachhoran

Felsher Facts
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 9 2006, 12:43 AM\']Speaking of FF, I see the show held their 2006 Tournament Of Champions.....several weeks ago. Did anyone here even know they'd done it already? I didn't even know there was one planned. Nice promotion, Fremantle.
[snapback]112282[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've never seen a promo for Feud on WTXF Philly at all this season. Is this show getting much promotion at all?

Ian Wallis

Felsher Facts
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 08:55:30 AM »
The only reason I knew about it was from seeing a blurb about it on the Professer's site, but I didn't watch it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

Felsher Facts
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 9 2006, 08:55 AM\']The only reason I knew about it was from seeing a blurb about it on the Professer's site, but I didn't watch it.
[snapback]112300[/snapback]
[/quote]
Has Fremantle really EVER promoted any of their shows? I think the only show I ever saw get any commercials around here was Feud, and that was during the Louie era ("The Feud is On!"). Not even when Feud started getting better time slots around the country c. spring 2003. Hell, I was channel surfing one morning, and accidentally found out it went from 2:30 am to 11 am, on a different station. Would've been an excellent time to let the viewers know. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

FeudDude

Felsher Facts
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 04:56:27 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 9 2006, 04:41 PM\']Has Fremantle really EVER promoted any of their shows? I think the only show I ever saw get any commercials around here was Feud, and that was during the Louie era ("The Feud is On!"). Not even when Feud started getting better time slots around the country c. spring 2003. Hell, I was channel surfing one morning, and accidentally found out it went from 2:30 am to 11 am, on a different station. Would've been an excellent time to let the viewers know. :-P
[snapback]112319[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've seen Feud promos on WNYW fairly recently.  However, they would always be general promos - not for any particular special episodes.  I haven't had much interest in Karn Feud lately, so this is also the first I've heard of the tournament.

BrandonFG

Felsher Facts
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Mar 9 2006, 04:56 PM\']I've seen Feud promos on WNYW fairly recently.  However, they would always be general promos - not for any particular special episodes.
[/quote]
The ones here are very generic...it's nothing more than "Family Feud, coming up next on WB33!" Other than that, I haven't seen much of anything. I mean, Feud's ratings have supposedly been on the rise (compared to the Louie years), so why not promote your product? I'll bet if I walked up to 10 people and asked them if they knew the show was still on, or ask who the host was*, I'd get a blank stare.

*Wouldn't need an exact name, but at least a "Hey, isn't that Al from 'Home Improvement'?"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mystery7

Felsher Facts
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »
My ex-station runs full :30s with Richard Karn as the Feud Dude. Very comic book/Superman style thing. Tagline: "Feud Dude saves your day!" No promos for specials, although they do sometimes feed them for the most special of specials.

uncamark

Felsher Facts
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 03:11:16 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Mar 9 2006, 09:16 PM\']My ex-station runs full :30s with Richard Karn as the Feud Dude. Very comic book/Superman style thing. Tagline: "Feud Dude saves your day!" No promos for specials, although they do sometimes feed them for the most special of specials.
[snapback]112353[/snapback]
[/quote]

I suspect that considering the station lineup and time slots, Fremantle and Tribune don't consider spending a lot of money on a national promotional campaign worth it.  As I've stated before, "Feud"'s low man on the totem pole on most stations and is on the less attractive stations in most markets--even in Chicago--oops, it's not on in prime time in Chicago anymore, it's double-pumping on WCIU at 10 a.m. against that other Fremantle game show.

In fact, I would love to know why WCIU used their daily Sun-Times ad under the listings (a tradeout, most likely) to promote on their sister LP/DT-3 station (WFBT) "The Shepherd's Chapel," of all programs.  Their main channel, of course.  Sister CA/DT-2 WWME's classic TV, sure.  A generic ad for WFBT's brokered foreign-language programming, maybe.  But "The Shepherd's Chapel?"  Must've been something in the contract they didn't notice.

ObGameShowForum:  WCIU definitely wants you to know that they air "The Insider," with your host, your friend and mine--PAT O'BRIEN!