Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show wardrobe & Zappa(?)  (Read 1342 times)

gamed121683

Game show wardrobe & Zappa(?)
« on: March 04, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »
Watching an old episode of "Las Vegas Gambit"; seeing the closing credits roll I noticed the following:

BEVERLY MAULDIN'S
wardrobe furnished
by SUZY CREAMCHEESE

Got me to thinking is there any correlation between this and the Frank Zappa created character of the same name (from the early "Mothers of Invention" albums) or is it sheer coincidence?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 04:25:50 PM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 04:34 PM\']Watching an old episode of "Las Vegas Gambit"; seeing the closing credits roll I noticed the following:

BEVERLY MAULDIN'S
wardrobe furnished
by SUZY CREAMCHEESE

Got me to thinking is there any correlation between this and the Frank Zappa created character of the same name (from the early "Mothers of Invention" albums) or is it sheer coincidence?[/quote]
"Suzy Creamcheese" as a name is a bit too precious to be a coincidence.  There really was a trendy Las Vegas boutique by that name in the seventies, and my best guess is that in an effort to be seen as hip, they named themselves after the Zappa character.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 03:25 PM\'][quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 04:34 PM\']Watching an old episode of "Las Vegas Gambit"; seeing the closing credits roll I noticed the following:

BEVERLY MAULDIN'S
wardrobe furnished
by SUZY CREAMCHEESE

Got me to thinking is there any correlation between this and the Frank Zappa created character of the same name (from the early "Mothers of Invention" albums) or is it sheer coincidence?[/quote]
"Suzy Creamcheese" as a name is a bit too precious to be a coincidence.  There really was a trendy Las Vegas boutique by that name in the seventies, and my best guess is that in an effort to be seen as hip, they named themselves after the Zappa character.
[snapback]111954[/snapback]
[/quote]

It seems to me that Jane Nelson's clothes on "Dealer's Choice" also came from that store when they taped there.  A name like "Suzy Creamcheese" is not easily forgotten.

But neither is "Miss Merrill's Fashions by Junior House, Milwaukee, Wisconsin."