Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Valentines Out  (Read 8015 times)

cmjb13

Valentines Out
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 07:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 02:18 PM\'][quote name=\'cacLA8383\' date=\'Mar 11 2006, 11:53 PM\']Definitely a typo.[/quote]

Well, all right. But what I was actually wondering was what, besides ratings, should the folks at GSN be worried about?
[snapback]112547[/snapback]
[/quote]

Perhaps losing the GT library? When is that next up for renewal?
[snapback]112585[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wish they wouldn't renew it. Maybe then we could see some variety in programming. But with Match Game & Feud doing well, I don't see that happening.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Neumms

Valentines Out
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »
What seems crazy to me is that we hear "Lingo" is one of their better performers, renewed many more times than their other originals, yet they still haven't put anything else on that resembles it--a genteel, play-along word game.

That said, I don't think they're that far off the mark. Blackjack hasn't killed off Match Game. They've admitted the appeal of traditional shows. They'll quit running Greed sometime. They just need a hit.

Steve McClellan

Valentines Out
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 03:45:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 14 2006, 10:44 AM\']yet they still haven't put anything else on that resembles it--a genteel, play-along word game.[/quote]
*coughDefinitioncough*

Man, I've gotta do something about this cold....

Matt Ottinger

Valentines Out
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 04:47:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 14 2006, 02:44 PM\']What seems crazy to me is that we hear "Lingo" is one of their better performers, renewed many more times than their other originals, yet they still haven't put anything else on that resembles it--a genteel, play-along word game. [/quote]
Yep, and the sad thing is that the powers-that-be probably think that the appeal of the show is either their young, attractive contestants or their retro-cool host, and not the addictive game itself.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Valentines Out
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 04:54:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 14 2006, 02:47 PM\']Yep, and the sad thing is that the powers-that-be probably think that the appeal of the show is either their young, attractive contestants or their retro-cool host, and not the addictive game itself.
[snapback]112898[/snapback]
[/quote]
That must be it. Given the chance I have to see GSN, I'll stop on "Lingo." It's certainly not for the game mechanics (scoring points for words and lingos? Bingo balls? Blech), but there MUST be some reason I keep going back. I doubt Chuck is doing more than reading the cards and scoreboard, which is sad because I've seen him do so much more.

When we have Lingo-Definition-Countdown as an early evening block, I will put up the money for cable and TiVo (or equivalent). Up until then, Lingo is a 'I'll stop on it if I catch it, but not appointment TV'.
Travis L. Eberle