Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND UK: Larsen-able?  (Read 869 times)

Speedy G

DoND UK: Larsen-able?
« on: February 28, 2006, 05:37:14 PM »
There is a post on dond.co.uk which claims that the UK version of the show may be using patterns when placing values in the boxes.

There's a chart on page 2 of that thread which lists ten shows within a month span which use an identical ordering (with different starting points), and states that two similar patterns exist for chains of other shows in the month examined.

It doesn't really help the banker until the very end to know this information, since the banker has no control over what boxes the player selects nor does he know the order in which the player will make the selections.  But it does potentially tell the banker what value is in the player's box.  A player who knows this information may effectively be able to pull a Michael Larson on the British Deal or No Deal.

All I have to say is that this is absolutely amazing.  I've looked at the episodes I've downloaded, and it looks on initial glance like that chart is correct.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 05:51:17 PM by Speedy G »
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*