Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Freebie! Family Feud Presentation  (Read 10256 times)

LetsGoMets2003

Freebie! Family Feud Presentation
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 01:27:13 AM »
Particleman, to sum up your board re-creation in one word: FANTASTIC. It's so realistic, I could've sworn I was watching the Dawson reruns on GSN. Keep up the great work! :)

Jim

bwood

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 02:42:10 AM »
Particleman,
This is GREAT. Probably the best game show related program I have ever downloaded/used. You have done an excellent job on this game control. I'm glad there is finally something out there like this. I don't know how many times I have said \"I wish there was a FF game control\", and I'm sure many others have said this as well. It is now a reality thanks to you.

I'm sure I speak for all of the game show community here by saying \"Thank you so much for sharing this with us\" and \"Keep up the good work\".

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »
I absolutely love this program! The very real presentation made it look really cool when I flipped all the tiles at once. I loaded in a game for the 400-point format, but when it got to question 7, it went back to a blank Fast Money screen. When I hit PgDown again, it went to Q1. Is there a max of 6 set on this?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2003, 03:18:47 PM »
Are you sure you aren't a professional???  ;-)

That presentation was fantastic!!!!  I hope to see more great presentations like that one in the future!!

Matthew
--Matt

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2003, 04:26:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 11:13 PM\']
Anyone who wants to learn Flash or already knows Flash and wants to have my FLA file, you're welcome to it.  This is my gift to the game show community.

Parliboy, thanks for mirroring this file.  I use Doteasy as my web server.  How long will it stay there?[/quote]

I'll keep it there for a couple of days only, unless my stats program says it's still getting hit.

Yes, I absolutely want your FLA, and if it's not monstrous, I'll mirror it for a couple of days as well.

Hopefully you will finish this.  It's something I'd very much like to have in reserve for an off-day in the classroom.

The question-writing module shouldn't be too hard to write.  Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to learn VB a bit better, because it's probably better suited for that sort of thing.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Particleman

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2003, 09:46:16 PM »
Um...just checked the size of the fla file and some files associated with this program.  It's huge.  I need to trim it down a bit before I post it or mail it to someone.

I promise I'll keep on updating it.  I have no plans of dropping this project.  That is, unless married life sweeps me away!

Skynet74

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2003, 10:43:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 08:46 PM\'] Um...just checked the size of the fla file and some files associated with this program.  It's huge.  I need to trim it down a bit before I post it or mail it to someone.

I promise I'll keep on updating it.  I have no plans of dropping this project.  That is, unless married life sweeps me away! [/quote]

Awsome Work. You deserve an award. Thanks so much!!! Now you just need to incorporate a buzzer effect in for wrong answers. Just assign the buzzer to the Zero key and it will make an incredibly awsome application even that much better.

John
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 10:49:52 PM by Skynet74 »

combsisthebest

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »
Is there an easy way to convert this so both PC and Mac users can get this?

- Combsisthebest

Kevin Prather

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2003, 11:08:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 09:43 PM\'] [quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 08:46 PM\'] Um...just checked the size of the fla file and some files associated with this program.  It's huge.  I need to trim it down a bit before I post it or mail it to someone.

I promise I'll keep on updating it.  I have no plans of dropping this project.  That is, unless married life sweeps me away! [/quote]

Awsome Work. You deserve an award. Thanks so much!!! Now you just need to incorporate a buzzer effect in for wrong answers. Just assign the buzzer to the Zero key and it will make an incredibly awsome application even that much better.

John [/quote]
 that's there. press V B N or M.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2003, 11:38:16 PM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 08:04 PM\'] Is there an easy way to convert this so both PC and Mac users can get this?
 [/quote]
 Well, if it is written in Flash, I would imagine (though I admit this is a guess) that the FLA file they speak of is the source code. Find a Macintosh version the Flash authoring tools, and I would bet that the source code could be compiled into a Mac executable.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

daveromanjr

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2003, 11:57:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 09:43 PM\'] Awsome Work. You deserve an award. Thanks so much!!! Now you just need to incorporate a buzzer effect in for wrong answers. Just assign the buzzer to the Zero key and it will make an incredibly awsome application even that much better.

John [/quote]
 Also, remember that the Zero key is used to reveal the 10th answer (if there is one).

drmusic_99

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2003, 01:59:41 AM »
Thought I'd throw in my kudos as well. Awesome, AWESOME, job!

Running scores for both sides would be neat, but I guess they don't fit on the screen in its current configuration. It's no biggie, anyway.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2003, 02:16:17 AM »
Particleman, I must concur with the consensus of this community: this is perhaps one of the finest homemade computer adaptations I have ever seen.  All ya need to do now is make a Combs-era version.

\"Game Show Man\" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »
One thing I do wish you'd add, upon further reflection, is a system to run simulated lock-out buzzers.  I've been wanting to build some homebrew hand buzzers like at http://www.arcadeparadise.org/ and this seems to be the perfect excuse.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Casey Buck

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2003, 01:26:41 PM »
Since we're talking about Family Feud here, I thought that you guys might enjoy this rendition of the FF logo on the Fast Money board. It took me a damn long time using the paint bucket on every single dot to create the pattern, so you'd better be happy :)

Small version
Large version