Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's hear it for game show hosting longevity!  (Read 5574 times)

TimK2003

Let's hear it for game show hosting longevity!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »
For those keeping track of the different high school quizzers, I just stumbled across a fairly new one.

The show is called "Scholastic Showdown" which is a 60-minute quizzer airing every Wednesday evening on WMFD/TV-68 In Mansfield, OH (Halfway between Cleveland & Columbus).

Considering I live 70 miles away from Mansfield, and that WMFD does not have any network affiliates, DirecTV has put it on their local broadcasting tier here in the Cleveland area.  Perhaps because they claim that they are "America's FIRST Independent HDTV Station".

Anyhoo, from the few moments I saw of it, it was definitely low budget and cheap looking with a host that makes Ben Stein look like Peter Tomarken.

Now, despite all of the fair warnings and accurate descriptions of this show (which doesn't hold a candle to any Cleveland episode of Academic Challenge...Ever), you still want to view this show, you can watch them At the WMFD Website..

The Temple Christian v Crestview show is highly recommended!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:05:34 PM by TimK2003 »

calliaume

Let's hear it for game show hosting longevity!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »
I'm glad to see McGarry is still on the show; he'd had some fairly serious health problems a year or two ago.

My wife, Karen, made two appearances on the Baltimore show back in the '80s, once as a contestant (her team did win), the second a year or two later as the Giant Supermarket employee/model handing out the prizes.