Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Goes "Instant"...  (Read 3733 times)

TimK2003

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »
I stumbled across the website for the Colorado Lottery, and it looks like for $3.00, you can have a go at The Price Is Right instant scratchoff game.

To see the cards (there are 3 variations of the game), and how they are played, check out The CO Lottery Website  the game is on the lower right.  Click on the card and then go to the "rules" in .pdf format to see examples of all 3 games.

Has/had any other states seen TPIR at their local lottery retailers yet?  Ohio did Wheel a few years back, so hopefully they may doing it down the road.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:25:30 PM by TimK2003 »

Jimmy Owen

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »
Michigan has had one for quite some time.  I've never purchased one, so I'm not sure how it is played.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

vtown7

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »
Ontario is back in the game... Cliffhangers/Plinko/SCSD is this year's treat for $3.

Ryan :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Jan 8 2006, 05:22 PM\']Has/had any other states seen TPIR at their local lottery retailers yet?  Ohio did Wheel a few years back, so hopefully they may doing it down the road.
[snapback]107081[/snapback]
[/quote]
We've had it in Washington for quite some time. I think it's either a $3 or $5 ticket (prolly $3, since I bought one once and I can't see myself ever pissing $5 away on the lottery, though I could see myself dropping $3 for a novelty), and it had a bunch of different "games" on it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 08:55:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 8 2006, 08:30 PM\']Michigan has had one for quite some time.  I've never purchased one, so I'm not sure how it is played.
[snapback]107082[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just went to the Michigan Lottery's site...Looks like TPIR is a retired game, however...

Monty Hall and

Match Game

Are on sale.  Oddly enough, CBS' Other Daytime Powerhouse that currently airs has their own scratch off (with one of the umpteen different designs in the series featuring Doug Davidson, ooooh!!!)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:55:51 PM by TimK2003 »

DrBear

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »
Wisconsin has also had a TPIR game in the past.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 09:06:25 PM »
The TPIR Michigan ticket had four seperate games and cost $3. In the first game, if your bid matched the ARP, you won a prize. In the second game, if your spin was closer to $1.00 than two other players' "spins" you won the prize - double if you had $1.00 in your spin. In the showcase game, you had two "bids." Each time you had a bid below the ARP you won a prize. If you had the exact price, you won both awards. Finally, there were two chances at an instant win under the banner "Plinko."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 09:49:07 PM »
Virginia had one a couple of years ago, a $5 ticket. I can't remember too much about it except there was a commercial with the Come On Down music, and something involving the Showcase.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 10:40:18 PM »
On that Colorado ticket, can anyone make out what that thing in the upper-right is?  I imagine it's either Contestants' Row or some pricing game, but I'll be damned if I can read it.

JayDLewis

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 10:51:54 PM »
Atlantic Lotto has had 2 series of TPiR Scratch'n'Win. $3 a pop.

NO promotion from the ALC either which is odd since they promote other tickets.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 10:51:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jan 8 2006, 07:40 PM\']On that Colorado ticket, can anyone make out what that thing in the upper-right is?  I imagine it's either Contestants' Row or some pricing game, but I'll be damned if I can read it.
[snapback]107096[/snapback]
[/quote]
Contestant's Row. It says "What's Up For Bid" at the top, the left column is your bid, the center is the ARP, and the right is the prize you win if Left and Center are the same.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »
New Jersey has had two "Wheel Of Fortune" Games (one running currently) as well as "Hollywood Squares", "Let's Make A Deal" and "Jeopardy!" licensed products. There have also been a number of instant games in NJ's history that have used phrases that were also game show titles such as "Masquerade Party", "Joker's Wild", "Money Maze", and "Treasure Hunt", all unrelated to their namesake shows.

WhammyPower

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jan 8 2006, 07:57 PM\']Wisconsin has also had a TPIR game in the past.
[snapback]107086[/snapback]
[/quote]
And it still does.

Terry K

TPIR Goes "Instant"...
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 04:28:25 AM »
This really annoys me.  Missouri runs the SAME damn games every time...Match our number to yours (http://www.molottery.com/app/aboutourgames/howtowin/scratchers/scratchersindex.jsp)  

They never do anything creative or useful.  

Maybe Kansas or the soon to launch Oklahoma Lottery will have something more inventive.