Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Season 5 info  (Read 8206 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
FF Season 5 info
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2003, 03:02:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 06:46 AM\']
Does Burton still say "you're about to see these two families..." etc.?

Actually, he now says, "you're about to see these eight families...". [/quote]
 Eight? I thought it was 16....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2003, 03:58:23 PM »
QUOTE (Don Howard @ Aug 25 2003, 06:46 AM)
Does Burton still say \"you're about to see these two families...\" etc.? 

Actually, he now says, \"you're about to see these eight families...\". 

Eight? I thought it was 16....

That was just for the one-hour special. Mandel can tell you more.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
FF Season 5 info
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2003, 03:59:19 PM »
Richard has the heads of the families introduce their family members at the very beginning of the show now. He'll then usually pick out one other person to have a brief conversation with. He does not ask the contestants to talk about themselves once a question is in play.

I saw the fifth round in action. I'm not sure how it'll look on TV, because there was a lot of editing involved. Richard went to center stage, then kind of froze, so they had to stop. He then asked \"What does 5 mean?\" It didn't seem like they had rehearsed too much for the scenario, because there was quite a pause as the situation was explained to him, AND to both families. The family that had taken the triple-valued question seemed to have thought that they had already won. Anyway, the board looks the same, just with only the \"1\" in position. The answer is worth triple the points, so unless both families did very, very poorly, it can put either team over 300.

Stevek83

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2003, 09:05:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 06:46 AM\']

Actually, he now says, "you're about to see these eight families...".

Eight? I thought it was 16.... [/QUOTE]
 [/quote]
 heaven forbid i ask a serious question. i feel like iam on the old  alt.tv. gameshow group again with all thse smart answers im getting...

what im trying to ask in all seriousness though, does burton still say\"You're about to see these two families battle it out for $20,000 in cash, cuz its time to play.. THE FAMILY FEUD.\" or did they stop saying that and changed it for another intro  for season 5?

Brandon Brooks

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2003, 09:13:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Stevek83\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:05 PM\'] heaven forbid i ask a serious question. i feel like iam on the old  alt.tv. gameshow group again with all thse smart answers im getting... [/quote]
 Do you really?  Go back there, post for a day, and see if that's still the case.

Brandon Brooks

Stevek83

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2003, 09:33:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'Stevek83\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:05 PM\'] heaven forbid i ask a serious question. i feel like iam on the old  alt.tv. gameshow group again with all thse smart answers im getting... [/quote]
Do you really?  Go back there, post for a day, and see if that's still the case.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I didnt mean it that way, i know this is a much better group then what we had in the old days,  i just took my orginally quote way too serious

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
FF Season 5 info
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2003, 10:59:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Stevek83\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 06:46 AM\']

Actually, he now says, "you're about to see these eight families...".

Eight? I thought it was 16.... [/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
heaven forbid i ask a serious question. i feel like iam on the old  alt.tv. gameshow group again with all thse smart answers im getting...

what im trying to ask in all seriousness though, does burton still say"You're about to see these two families battle it out for $20,000 in cash, cuz its time to play.. THE FAMILY FEUD." or did they stop saying that and changed it for another intro  for season 5? [/quote]
 It's called a joke....perhaps Mr. Zinkin still has a sarcasm detector?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Stevek83

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2003, 11:24:46 PM »
Okay okay, i realize you were all just joking, i have a sense of humor too. I dont want to start a fight with my fellow gameshow members, i like this group. i dont wanna get kicked out for starting an agrument. My aplogies guys (and girls) :-)