Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Season 5 info  (Read 8286 times)

SimpsonGeek

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 04:44:48 PM »
[quote name=\'mandelweb\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 03:26 PM\'] [quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 03:15 PM\']A quick question, if they've changed studios has the set changed or did you transport it to the new studio[/quote]
There aren't any changes in the main set.  It was just transported to the Tribune Studios.  The stage that "Feud" is on was also used by "Greed" and "Win Ben Stein's Money."

The thing closest to a set modification is that the area where the contestant waits offstage for Fast Money has been dressed up a bit.  This is because on occasion (probably when we need to fill time because of a three-round win), we'll cut to a shot of the 2nd Fast Money contestant waiting backstage.

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com [/quote]
 Thanks!

ChuckNet

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2003, 06:36:46 PM »
Like all of you, I'm glad to see this change finally being made. I had constantly brought up the scoring issue as long as I have been with the company. And every time I did, I had been given several reasons as to why the \"single-single-single-triple\" system needed to be used.

Well, I'm glad they finally listened!

BTW, Mandel, I first suggested the \"S-S-D-T, 300 wins\" earlier this yr...does this warrant an onscreen credit for your old buddy? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Self-Promoting \"Chuckie Baby\")

Stevek83

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2003, 10:04:52 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 05:36 PM\']
Like all of you, I'm glad to see this change finally being made. I had constantly brought up the scoring issue as long as I have been with the company. And every time I did, I had been given several reasons as to why the "single-single-single-triple" system needed to be used.

Well, I'm glad they finally listened!

[/quote]
 Im so excited about the score changes. im also glad you were able to finally tell us, because i remeber a post from a couple of weeks ago, saying that you couldnt say anything to us. Im a little disappointed about the \"classic theme\" leaving, but at least the major part of the show is fixed. Speaking of the theme, are they going to use the Karn theme that they used during his first 2 months hosting? IMO that was an awesome remix of the Anderson theme.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
FF Season 5 info
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2003, 10:16:42 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 09:20 AM\'] Yes.

The only things missing now is upping Fast Money to $10 per point, and possibly a jackpot there($10,000 + $5,000 not won, up to $50,000). But the former is more likely to happen, if the show is likely to go on after this season. [/quote]
 Why would you want to do that?

Typical childish \"we need to up the money\" syndrome.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
FF Season 5 info
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2003, 10:25:55 PM »
Yes.

The only things missing now is upping Fast Money to $10 per point, and possibly a jackpot there($10,000 + $5,000 not won, up to $50,000). But the former is more likely to happen, if the show is likely to go on after this season. 

Why would you want to do that?

Typical childish \"we need to up the money\" syndrome.

Actually:

I think it would be easier just to start a new winning family at a jackpot of $10,000; increase the jackpot by $5,000 for their next show whether they win or not.  In other words:

First show: $10,000
Second show: $15,000
Third show: $20,000
Fourth show: $25,000
Fifth (and final) show: $30,000

Same potential winnings as now, but champions are rewarded for winning more than once.

\"Game Show Man\" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

SplitSecond

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 03:36 PM\'] Well, I'm glad they finally listened!

BTW, Mandel, I first suggested the "S-S-D-T, 300 wins" earlier this yr...does this warrant an onscreen credit for your old buddy? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Self-Promoting "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 No, but you're welcome to borrow my collection of safety pins if you need to deflate your ego for easy storage. :)

In seriousness, from what I've witnessed, the game runs much more smoothly.  I have only one qualm.

The act structure is still such that the first two questions are in the first act (which Richard still lumps together as \"Round 1\", which still bugs me to a degree).  I think the first two \"Single\" questions should be in their own first and second acts, then have the double question and both triple questions (if necessary) in Act 3.  Splitting Fast Money over the last two acts is creative (and the new shot of the contestant in isolation is very cool), but it's going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

As a side note, that second triple question is in essence a standard question, but just with the \"top one answer\" on the board.  I haven't seen it played out, but I'm hoping that they present it more as just a natural fifth round rather than a patched-on tiebreaker.

They're also changing the way they introduce the families so that it doesn't interrupt the flow of the game as much, which is a plus, in my opinion.

Stevek83

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 10:43:35 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 09:30 PM\'] They're also changing the way they introduce the families so that it doesn't interrupt the flow of the game as much, which is a plus, in my opinion. [/quote]
 Does Burton still say \"you're about to see these two families...\" etc.?

fjg5874

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 11:20:31 PM »
My Family Feud format would be: First two rounds for single points, Third round for double points, and all rounds after that for triple points until a family reaches 300 points to reach Fast Money I think that's how they did it on The Richard Dawson Version of Family Feud from 1978 until 1984 when it went to 400 points to reach Fast Money. I want to see Family Feud at it's classic format, and we may see it this season.

Frank J. Genovay III
Trenton, NJ
FRANK'S GAME SHOW WEBSITE: http://community.webtv.net/FrankJGenovay/W...omeToFranksGAME

TV Favorites

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2003, 11:28:35 PM »
I hope they go back to introducing the families before the show begins.  I heard that one of the reasons for starting the game right away and interviewing later was to keep the audience from losing interest.  If that is the case, then why is Millionaire doing good in the ratings?

To compare, I timed an episode of Combs's Feud and an episode of Meredith Veiria's Millionaire.  From the start of the theme to the start of the game, the amount of time was 1:54 minutes for Feud and 1:43 for Millionaire.  Not that much of a difference.

Brandon Brooks

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2003, 11:30:27 PM »
[quote name=\'fjg5874\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 10:20 PM\'] My Family Feud format would be: First two rounds for single points, Third round for double points, and all rounds after that for triple points until a family reaches 300 points to reach Fast Money I think that's how they did it on The Richard Dawson Version of Family Feud from 1978 until 1984 when it went to 400 points to reach Fast Money. I want to see Family Feud at it's classic format, and we may see it this season. [/quote]
 Ummm... this post is kinda pointless.  According to what has been said, it will be done this way.  So you could have just said \"this format is my favorite,\" and saved a good deal of time.

Brandon Brooks

J.R.

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2003, 12:53:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 04:30 AM\'] Richard seems to be loosening up a bit. In fact, I was having a major Richard Dawson flashback with one particular family interview. [/quote]
 Oh god you don't mean he's brought back... KISSING ?

Is it me or did Karn start like Benirschke ? You know, kinda stiff and nervous. I think Karn survived because he got over his nervousness when he got the hang of the show.

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

urbanpreppie05

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2003, 02:28:33 AM »
I hope they go back to introducing the families before the show begins.

Wait...isn't that what they do now?

\"It's time for the family Feud! Introducing the DelVecchio FamilY! John! Marsha! Tiffany! Stacy and Kent!\" Right? So what are they doing now?
insert signature here

Robert Hutchinson

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2003, 03:39:02 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 01:28 AM\']

\"It's time for the family Feud! Introducing the DelVecchio FamilY! John! Marsha! Tiffany! Stacy and Kent!\" Right? So what are they doing now?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure TVF is talking about the host having the families introduced. \"The Kaflingle family, captain is Eric, hi Eric, whattayado, introduce me to your family.\"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Don Howard

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2003, 07:46:27 AM »
Does Burton still say \"you're about to see these two families...\" etc.?

Actually, he now says, \"you're about to see these eight families...\".

TV Favorites

FF Season 5 info
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2003, 11:37:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 03:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 01:28 AM\']

"It's time for the family Feud! Introducing the DelVecchio FamilY! John! Marsha! Tiffany! Stacy and Kent!" Right? So what are they doing now?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure TVF is talking about the host having the families introduced. "The Kaflingle family, captain is Eric, hi Eric, whattayado, introduce me to your family." [/quote]
 Yes, that is what I meant.  Burton currently introduces the family in the opening, but I'd like to see the \"interviews\" go on before the show begins.