Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Making of  (Read 3351 times)

The Pyramids

The Making of
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:50:34 AM »
I think a big bright spot in the genre the 00's have been the 'Big Bucks' documentary and the 'E! True Hollywood Stories'.

Here's a hypothetical one. Imagine if on the trading circuit there was an obscure documentary about the making of a hit game show from the drawing board to the taping of the pilot or pilots. Is there a favorite you would like to have seen developed? I'd go with 'Family Feud.'

Chief-O

The Making of
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:27:55 AM »
I immediately thought this post had to do with "Match Game" when I saw the title.

I'll go with MG, with emphasis on 7x.
.....and it goes like this!!!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
The Making of
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 11:43:21 AM »
"Price is Right" is an easy choice - just how did they decide upon the format of today? And I don't know which era of "Jeopardy" I'd be more interested in seeing grow - the 60s or the 80s return.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Kevin Prather

The Making of
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 03:18:22 PM »
My vote is for Pyramid, just because it'd be cool to see the stagehands behind the pyramid at work.

davemackey

The Making of
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 07:30:38 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Nov 12 2005, 12:43 PM\']"Price is Right" is an easy choice - just how did they decide upon the format of today? And I don't know which era of "Jeopardy" I'd be more interested in seeing grow - the 60s or the 80s return.

-Jason
[snapback]102087[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think Goodson wanted a show as much like "Let's Make A Deal" as was legally possible...

as for Jeopardy!, you have to remember that the show had a few years to evolve into the brain-test it is today. In its first few years they were still promoting the "trivia with a twist" angle, but now it's taken for granted that you have to give the answers as questions.

Ian Wallis

The Making of
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
I'd have to go with a behind the scenes look at "Press Your Luck" - because I would have loved to have seen in back of the big board with those 54 slide projectors!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kevin Prather

The Making of
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:41:47 PM »
There was a little BtS stuff in Big Bucks, wasn't there?