Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal taping. (No game play spoilers)  (Read 11107 times)

tvrandywest

Deal or No Deal taping. (No game play spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2005, 03:26:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 11 2005, 07:22 PM\']... the idea of a Big Red Button is really silly, and not in a good way (sorry Randy!)
[snapback]102067[/snapback]
[/quote]
No apology necessary. It ain't my button!

The button is there for S&P reasons. Like WWTBAM's "final answer", but more appropriate to the screamingly loud environment. During the drama of deciding, a contestant may say "deal" or "no deal" a few dozen times while thinking aloud, bantering with the host, and discussing it with the posse of family/friends. It's tough to make the call to determine which is the definite decision without SOME kind of clear signal.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 01:16:59 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005, 12:07:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 11 2005, 10:22 PM\']Although I'm with other people who suggest that the idea of a Big Red Button is really silly
[snapback]102067[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are you opposed to the size or the existence of the button itself?

It's not a big button at all. It's also has a plastic cover over it (presumably so a contestant can't hit it accidentally) that Howie lifts when it's time for the Deal.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:12:28 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brig Bother

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005, 12:42:31 PM »
It's existence. That's what microphones are for.

cmjb13

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005, 02:51:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 12 2005, 12:42 PM\']It's existence. That's what microphones are for.
[snapback]102090[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you think the button is silly, just wait until you see how bonkers the audience goes at times.

It make the cheering for $20,000 seem like a picnic.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS