Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Put yourself in the producers chair...  (Read 7866 times)

uncamark

Put yourself in the producers chair...
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 06:27:35 PM »
It seems to me that the Bonus Game board has always been revealed at the top of the game before the prize package is announced, as were all of the game initially (I remember the original Any Number board coming around with cover cards over the prize cards, including the piggy bank on the very earliest shows--the piggy bank was there for real and they showed Anitra shaking it, with the sound of the coins picking up).

Even when they went to revealing the prize before the game, as is the practice now, the Bonus Game board was still revealed before the prize package--so that goes back to Wayne and Marc Breslow.

zachhoran

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 07:22:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 25 2005, 05:27 PM\']It seems to me that the Bonus Game board has always been revealed at the top of the game before the prize package is announced,

[snapback]100409[/snapback]
[/quote]

The difference now is, that as of sometime last season, they don't show the game coming around on the turntable like they used to.

At least they don't have the game showing during the previous IUFB like was done with Give or Keep.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 08:34:11 PM »
The contestants row displays be computerized instead of the standard sports-type font...just like the overseas versions and such.

BrandonFG

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2005, 02:52:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM\']The contestants row displays be computerized instead of the standard sports-type font...just like the overseas versions and such.
[snapback]100432[/snapback]
[/quote]
I disagree (X gets the square!). The one thing I like about TPiR is that they continue to use old-school technology, including totes from 30 years ago. With all the other game shows using some new form of technology (plasma scoreboards on Wheel/J!, computer survey board on Feud), I like the fact that at least one show still uses "dated" equipment. Ditto for the pricing games.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TonicBH

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM\']The contestants row displays be computerized instead of the standard sports-type font...just like the overseas versions and such.
[/quote]

No no no, nonononono. I dislike most game shows who go by this technique. While it's cheap on the budget, it makes the game itself look slightly cheap. Give me my Vane displays and eggcrates, thankyouverymuch.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2005, 01:01:45 PM »
Yeah...no matter how "old school" Eggcrate looks, seeing scores plopped on regular ol' monitors screams of "hey, I could do that." It'd be just a bit harder to make your own Eggcrate or Vane display.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2005, 02:29:01 PM »
What's with Wheel flashing "Bankrupt" on the contestant's scoreboard anyhow?  As if we didn't know they hit it....that, combined with the "prize puzzle" from last night...(my first time watching Wheel in about 2 years), and I shut it right back off.

Cripes.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

michaellinn

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2005, 03:25:57 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 26 2005, 01:52 AM\'][quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM\']The contestants row displays be computerized instead of the standard sports-type font...just like the overseas versions and such.
[/quote]
I disagree (X gets the square!). The one thing I like about TPiR is that they continue to use old-school technology, including totes from 30 years ago. With all the other game shows using some new form of technology (plasma scoreboards on Wheel/J!, computer survey board on Feud), I like the fact that at least one show still uses "dated" equipment. Ditto for the pricing games.
[snapback]100468[/snapback]
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! Outstanding response by Fostergray, IMO.

BrandonFG

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2005, 07:00:13 PM »
[quote name=\'michaellinn\' date=\'Oct 26 2005, 02:25 PM\']My thoughts exactly! Outstanding response by Fostergray, IMO.
[snapback]100507[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks...I try. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2005, 09:54:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Oct 26 2005, 01:29 PM\']What's with Wheel flashing "Bankrupt" on the contestant's scoreboard anyhow?  As if we didn't know they hit it....that, combined with the "prize puzzle" from last night...(my first time watching Wheel in about 2 years), and I shut it right back off.[/quote]

Well, you see, the staff is really really really proud of what they learned how to do on the com-pu-ter.

"Tonight's Jackpot Round . . ." (whoosh-flash!)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin