Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unaired shows  (Read 12474 times)

zachhoran

Unaired shows
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »
Another show with unaired episodes was Free 4 All. IIRC, USA did 130 episodes each of Quicksilver and F4A. While Quicksilver lasted long enough for each episode to air twice or thrice, F4A was pulled after 19 weeks.

ChuckNet

Unaired shows
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 10:28:15 PM »
And that was the third time the fish-out-of-water setup was used -- the original plan was to use that as a stepping stone for Bea Arthur to continue Maude as a newly-appointed congresswoman, with the same supporting cast used for Mr. Dugan and Hanging In. Fortunately, Arthur decided to call it quits instead.

There was another earlier failed attempt, as well...after the aborted Maude reworking, but before Mr. Dugan, the series was originally going to be called Onward and Upward, w/John Amos as the star, but he left over creative differences after the pilot was shot.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Unaired shows
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2005, 10:41:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Oct 14 2005, 09:03 AM\']I'm pretty sure that they were NBC shows because they had returning champions.  One even featured a brief outdoor shot of a Caesar's Palace billboard with taping dates for "Caesar's Challenge" announced.  (For the record, at that time they were taping Fridays-Saturdays-Sundays).

However, does anybody here remember seeing that once-weekly syndicated version?  Was the format the exact same?  There is a copy of a show in the trading curcuit that has a betting format.  It's believed to be the pilot.  I'm sure my copy comes from a studio master, but some people claim that it actually aired.  I'm wondering if this might have come from the syndie version(?)
[snapback]99501[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe the syndicated episode were reruns, or at least from the second bonus game era.

Aired at 6:30pm Saturday nights on the number 9.

vtown7

Unaired shows
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 10:59:01 PM »
Jim (trainman):

Are you at liberty to tell us anything about said DoND eps that never aired, presuming now that they never will?

Ryan :)

JakeT

Unaired shows
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2005, 03:40:08 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 04:58 AM\'][quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 11:40 PM\']You never see Maude in reruns anymore, and certainly never the episode where Maude gets an abortion - it never reran once.
[snapback]99882[/snapback]
[/quote]
For those who have Comcast On Demand, there's a section called Tube Time which does have about 5 episodes of Maude.

[snapback]99894[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, over the last few months or so, On Demand had the complete first and second seasons of "MAUDE" available for viewing...it started out with the first 10-12 episodes or so for a time and nothing more for an extended period...suddenly, another batch of eps would be added and some of the older eps would disappear...I was very fortunate to have been able to record all the episodes before they were yanked.  And yes, the abortion-two-parter was included.  I wish I could find out if Comcast is planning to continue on with episodes from the 3rd season and beyond.  Actually, it wasn't until the 3rd season and beyond that the show really gelled and ventured into much more consistantly "mature" plots with more frequent multi-episode storylines.  In season 3, Maude became a career woman as a real estate broker.  In season 4, Maude's marriage crumbles and much time is spent separated from her 4th husband Walter.  And although the couple eventually reconciles, the marriage remains very fractured throughout the remainder of the series.  And we must not forget that, in season 5, Maude and Vivian appeared on a game show (with dear Johnny O cast as, what else, the announcer).  Finally, in season 6, one of Maude's greatest adventures is learning to cope with what appears to be her grandson's budding "alternative" lifestyle.   Well, is it any wonder that Maude found herself at the end being thrown into the political arena?  But even with a 3-part season (and series) finale building up to her big Washington move, even Bea Arthur knew when it was time to call it quits.  

Oh, and we must remember that it was Maude who shook the TV censors to their core by being the first person on US primetime TV to utter the phrase "son of a b*tch" (referring to her unfaithful husband Walter after having a heart attack while in the bed of another woman).  It was this incident and the earlier abortion storyline that Bea Arthur fought for and threatened quitting the show if the network and censors had not allowed these episodes to air as originally written and performed.

And then there's Maude...RIGHT ON, MAUDE!!

Jake

sshuffield70

Unaired shows
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2005, 11:28:49 PM »
Maude and Vivian appeared on a game show (with dear Johnny O cast as, what else, the announcer).

Right, JakeT, a CHAIN LINK FENCE!!

trainman

Unaired shows
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 11:16:04 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 07:59 PM\']Are you at liberty to tell us anything about said DoND eps that never aired, presuming now that they never will?
[snapback]100324[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't work for the company anymore, and if they (or ABC) haven't sued me yet, I don't think they're ever going to...

...however, I remember nothing about the one episode I captioned, so I am completely unable to tell you anything.
trainman is a man of trains