Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Look For Feud  (Read 11537 times)

itiparanoid13

New Look For Feud
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 11:27:27 PM »
That's really strange.  My station staggers the airings (7:30AM and 3:00PM).  My 7:30AM airing had a family continuing for their 5th episode.  My 3:00PM airing had two new families.  I might just be stating what has already been said, but I don't know.  It seemed like returning champs from last season to me.

Don Howard

New Look For Feud
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2005, 12:14:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 09:48 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 05:05 PM\']
Help me here, dear ones. If the telecasts are going to be run out of order, what's the point in having returning champions?
[snapback]96569[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's probably more of a benefit to the program staff (fewer families to audition) and the families (more potential earnings.)  They probably figure we viewers will watch the shows in whatever order they are shown.
[snapback]96617[/snapback]
[/quote]
I see. "You remember the Applegate family. They were here two weeks and four days ago. Whoever wins will be back a week from Thursday and the winning family from three weeks ago Monday will return tomorrow".

Jimmy Owen

New Look For Feud
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2005, 12:20:05 AM »
No they can't do that because if the reruns go to GSN, they will be run in production order.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

New Look For Feud
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2005, 12:58:04 AM »
After seeing some pics of it, I can say it's not bad, has a Vegas look to it, but those squares on the board are too much. It makes a pretty nice set look a little too busy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

New Look For Feud
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2005, 03:00:28 AM »
I'll take this new set over the bathroom they used for Dawson's return in 1994 anyday. :-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

davemackey

New Look For Feud
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2005, 06:28:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 03:00 AM\']I'll take this new set over the bathroom they used for Dawson's return in 1994 anyday. :-)
[snapback]96636[/snapback]
[/quote]
The new set is pretty nice, and it really speaks to the skills of Jimmy Cuomo - a disciple of the great Ed Flesh.

That 94 set, though... poor Bente...

TalkingHeadsFan

New Look For Feud
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2005, 09:28:16 AM »
I think the new set is decent, but they're starting to go back to a "Mid-90s Talk Show" style set. I would have liked to see the lights chase, but it's nice that they're there.

Too much on the translucent color screen things. Reminiscent of the "Millions of colors" WOF set. I agree with the cheesy "instant zoom" at every face-off. And I also don't like how they stretch the face off cue and repeat that stab sometimes 3 or 4 times.

On the whole, it's all about the game and I'm still happy to see this show on the air.

Doug

uncamark

New Look For Feud
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 02:57:46 PM »
I read somewhere (alright, the Perfesser) that the winning family on yesterday's show was from New Orleans--you think that Fremantle might've picked that one to air as the season-opener?  (And something tells me that Fremantle should've sent the check early--if they're alive and well.)

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
New Look For Feud
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 06:11:49 PM »
I happened upon Feud while flipping through the channels earlier.  I'm not a big Feud fan... and haven't been through any incarnation of the show.

I will say this though... I like the new set.  The colors are cool... the lights are cool... even those squares that everyone is bitching about are pretty cool.

Someone here once said that most people here on the board are resistant to ANY change.  If it's a change from the norm... they instantly don't like it.  The new colors on the TPiR turntable for example.  At least after 30-some years they're still basically using the same set they've always had.  The Hollywood mural was a drastic change... which is why I think most people hated it.  I'm sure if you asked them... they'll say something like "The colors sucked" or "It looked like it didn't belong there" or "It just wasn't the SAME".

At least the Feud set is still using eggcrates.

"Not a sermon... just a thought."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 06:12:23 PM by bossjock967 »
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Casey Buck

New Look For Feud
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2005, 06:28:14 PM »
Anyone have any pics of the new set?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New Look For Feud
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2005, 06:28:15 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 03:11 PM\']I will say this though... I like the new set.  The colors are cool... the lights are cool... even those squares that everyone is bitching about are pretty cool.
[/quote]
I don't have a problem with it at ALL. It's a (gasp!) set that looks more like a game show and less like a construction site, and people are complaining about it. Flabbergasting.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
New Look For Feud
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 05:11 PM\']At least the Feud set is still using eggcrates.
[/quote]

Picky I know, but the Dawson and Combs versions used Ferranti-Parker.

I'm not sure what the current incarmation uses.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
New Look For Feud
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 05:30 PM\'][quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 05:11 PM\']At least the Feud set is still using eggcrates.
[/quote]
Picky I know, but the Dawson and Combs versions used Ferranti-Parker.

I'm not sure what the current incarmation uses.
[snapback]96678[/snapback]
[/quote]
I just meant in general.  You don't see too many current game shows still using them... you know?  Everybody has gone to the fancy-schmancy LCDs and Plasma deals.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Brandon Brooks

New Look For Feud
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2005, 08:29:40 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 05:11 PM\']Someone here once said that most people here on the board are resistant to ANY change.  If it's a change from the norm... they instantly don't like it.  The new colors on the TPiR turntable for example.  At least after 30-some years they're still basically using the same set they've always had.  The Hollywood mural was a drastic change... which is why I think most people hated it.  I'm sure if you asked them... they'll say something like "The colors sucked" or "It looked like it didn't belong there" or "It just wasn't the SAME".
[snapback]96675[/snapback]
[/quote]
Nah, I like the colors on TPiR (the pinks and blue).  And actually, I really liked TNPiR '94's set.  I wish Barker's would adopt it in some sort of form.  I just think the changes to Feud's set look like a hot mess.

A miniscule change I like is the new flashing lights around WOF's score readouts.  It clarifies things, IMO.

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

New Look For Feud
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2005, 08:40:43 PM »
Let it be known, that while I might think the Feud's set is a bit busy, it won't keep me from watching the show (why, who the Hell would do such a thing? No one HERE!). All I know is it's still two families of five finding the top answers to a survey, D0UBL3 TH3 P01NTS!!! be damned. Same goes for J! As much as I can't stand the J! set, it's still the same Q&A (A&Q?) show it's been for 40 1/2 years (would be 41, but there was the 1978 revival ;-) ). And I think that's the problem...some people like to think that a set change is the Jump The Shark point for a game show.

I have no problem with visual change...it keeps the show from getting stale, but some changes might not look good in my opinion, but again, if it's the same general gameplay without trying to do too much (*coughwheelcough*), I'll watch.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 08:41:40 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!