Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Something interesting about GSN  (Read 7146 times)

irismason42

Something interesting about GSN
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:38:34 PM »
Now, there's something interesting about GSN and how did it make its debut on each step, here are some interesting things about GSN:

1) When The Family Channel was promoting an all-game show channel in 1992, the company of TFC had a difficult time to launch any kind of game show channel but in 1994, Sony alone launches their new game show channel and purchase 3 of their main libraries(they were the Barry and Enright, Merv Griffin, and Chuck Barris libraries), but back then there were only up to 5 homes that get this new cable network at that point and the Goodson/Todman gems are included which Sony didn't purchase but airs it anyway but when the The Dating Game was airing, they were limited to the ABC version, when they were airing The Newlywed Game, the '85-'88 version was never aired at all, neither was the ABC edition.
2) In October 1997, almost all of the G/T gems were yanked off the schedule in favor of more Sony game shows and this was where we see multiple versions of TDG and TNG and yes they would be airing the '80s and the most recent versions of both shows but Sony also purchases the Bob Stewart library(with the most watched show out of the Bob Stewart library being the Pyramids) and this was the point where GSN is now available on digital cable across the U.S. so as opposed to only 5 homes getting GSN in 1994, about 80,000-100,000 homes get GSN at home on a full time basis ever since Wheel 2000 and JEP! make their debuts this season but in April 1998, the Goodson/Todman gems came back just in time to see more rarities from the G/T library.
3) When GOTW was yanked, GSN was owned by Sony and Liberty Media but still manages to air as many Sony game shows as they can and air as many seasons of Sony game shows as they like but once the Vintage Squares and Win, Lose or Draw starts being seen in reruns for the first time, they gotta pay for the Sony game show library otherwise the rights for the Sony game show library will become expired forever but boy 1999 was such a big year for us where GSN is seen in triple and even quadruple amount of homes from 1997's number of homes were seen on a full time basis and BTW, both Wheel 2000 reruns and JEP! reruns were saved from being payed because they were children's versions of the 2 most seen shows we know and love so much but these 2 shows would cost them about nothing at all because these 2 are "free pay" at this spot of the time. And BTW, at this point, for the 1978-80 The Dating Game airings, only 10 episodes were aired with the 1977-80 Newlywed Game having at least 210 episodes aired post-Dark period with the 1986-87 season of TDG were rerun for only 6 episodes post-Dark Period with the 1985-87 cheddar-cheese like set era of TNG were aired for at least 160 episodes post-DP.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 09:44:57 PM by irismason42 »

TimK2003

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:31:31 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 08:38 PM\']Now, there's something interesting about GSN and how did it make its debut on each step, here are some interesting things about GSN:

<MAJOR Quote Snippage>

[snapback]94572[/snapback]
[/quote]

Chris L., if I may have the honor please?    Thank You.

<drum roll>

Wow.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:44:58 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 09:38 PM\']Now, there's so
                          m
                             e
                               t
                                 h
                                   i
                                   n
                          (BOOM!)
[/quote]

I've waited 7 months to respond to a similar thread like this!  I don't know who to thank!

[font=\"Impact\"]WOW OF THE DAY[/font]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:50:05 PM by NewJersey137 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 10:45:26 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 09:38 PM\']Now, there's something interesting about GSN and how did it make its debut on each step, here are some interesting things about GSN:
[/quote]

Interesting to who, iris?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 11:02:25 PM »
Tim, I'll see your "wow" and raise you an "OY".

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 11:05:54 PM »
That gave me a headache.
You should follow me on Twitter

joe_capitano

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 05:54:40 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 08:02 PM\']Tim, I'll ... raise you an "OY".
[snapback]94588[/snapback]
[/quote]
(Cue Al Franken's bouncy Yiddish music)

I'll see that Oy and raise you another. Oy yoy Yoy!

(anyone want to raise a 'vey')
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 05:55:20 PM by joe_capitano »

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 06:37:16 PM »
Quoteth joe_capitano,Aug 19 2005, 04:54 PM:

(anyone want to raise a 'vey')

<Pat Sajak does the final spin on Dreidel of Fortune>  

Veys are worth nothing, constanants are worth...Oy, I'm getting a little ver klempt!!!

cacLA8383

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 02:26:23 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 07:38 PM\']Now, there's something interesting about GSN and how did it make its debut on each step, here are some interesting things about GSN:

1) (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

[/quote]

That put me to sleep there. Way to go, Iris. What's next for you? An explanation on how you truly believe there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

$100kPyramidfan

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 04:45:47 PM »
Good information for those who don't know all the facts (and if you are being accurate which everything sounds okay).

Can I make one suggestion... I can take typos and that sort of thing, but if you are going to type long responses... paragraphs, buddy, please!  That way it'll be much easier for people to read.
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 01:45 PM\']Can I make one suggestion... I can take typos and that sort of thing, but if you are going to type long responses... paragraphs, buddy, please!  That way it'll be much easier for people to read.
[/quote]
Dude, all the formatting in the WORLD isn't gonna make that one make sense.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 03:45 PM\']Can I make one suggestion... I can take typos and that sort of thing, but if you are going to type long responses... paragraphs, buddy, please!  That way it'll be much easier for people to read.
[snapback]95153[/snapback]
[/quote]
Haven't been around here long, eh?

You could suggest all you want--that writing style isn't going to change.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cacLA8383

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 10:30:07 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 02:45 PM\']Good information for those who don't know all the facts (and if you are being accurate which everything sounds okay).

Can I make one suggestion... I can take typos and that sort of thing, but if you are going to type long responses... paragraphs, buddy, please!  That way it'll be much easier for people to read.
[snapback]95153[/snapback]
[/quote]

You just had to bump this, huh? Obviously you haven't learned the Invision way of leaving topics started by weirdos alone. :-P

Tony

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 09:32:29 AM »
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' date=\'Aug 20 2005, 01:26 AM\']Way to go, Iris. What's next for you? An explanation on how you truly believe there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
[/quote]
Either that, or a dirty sock which could be traded for what's behind the curtain. (Yeah, I've been watching my Garfield and Friends DVDs this past week while out sick with a cold)

ObGS (besides the Let's Make a Deal reference): The late Rod Roddy did the voice of "Johnny" the announcer
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 09:32:56 AM by Tony »