Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn's Feud  (Read 10467 times)

Steve McClellan

Karn's Feud
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 08:53:06 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 01:53 PM\']To tell the Truth did ok, but I think the era of panel shows has passed.
[snapback]93181[/snapback]
[/quote]
<voice quivering> But...but...but!

<goes into compartmentalization-based shock>

urbanpreppie05

Karn's Feud
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 10:12:18 PM »
<voice quivering> But...but...but!

<goes into compartmentalization-based shock>

Oh dear...lemme rephrase that-

televised panel shows. Televised.

I think panel shows and Password are too "smart" for people to get now.
insert signature here

BrandonFG

Karn's Feud
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 10:22:59 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 09:12 PM\']televised panel shows. Televised.

I think panel shows and Password are too "smart" for people to get now.
[snapback]93217[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wonder if that's part of the reason that TTTT00 decided to be so spicy with some of their stories, and why GSN is doing a Queer Eye I've Got a Secret*...maybe the producers figure that "traditional"=boring?

*OK, AFAIK, no one from Queer Eye has committed to this...just work with me. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

takinover

Karn's Feud
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 11:39:32 PM »

musicman

Karn's Feud
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 07:36:54 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 03:44 PM\']The latest incarnation of "Family Feud" has been on since 1999. How is it that FF has taken off, while the rest (with the possible exception of TTTT) have all been busts?
[snapback]93180[/snapback]
[/quote]

Instead of answering in four paragraphs, I'll answer the question in just four words: "People love FAMILY FEUD".

The Pyramids

Karn's Feud
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 09:35:33 PM »
Here are some things that might make it  more than just 'better than Louie's show' in no particular order.

1 - Bring back the theme or a variation of it - again

2 - Remember the rotating logo on the 'On the Cover' tset hat seemed like an homage to 'Feud'? Why not do the same here? Imagine a computer generated version of the old revolving board throughout the show

3 - Have some fun w/ the opening with the contestants. Feature them in the opening in a montage a like 'H2'. At a minimum have them run out to their podiums at the start of the show as Burton announces them

4 - Drop the 1976 structure, at least in the main game. Instead play rounds 3, 4 or 5 if necessary in the same segment.

5 - The set still needs work

6 - At a minimum, minimum, have some fun when contestants loose fast money! Give them a jarring buzz or something humorous. Stop doing nothing!

BrandonFG

Karn's Feud
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 10:00:27 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 08:35 PM\']Here are some things that might make it  more than just 'better than Louie's show' in no particular order.

1 - Bring back the theme or a variation of it - again
[/quote]
They did this during Karn's first season. It was badly edited, and sounded horrible, and out of place.

2 - Remember the rotating logo on the 'On the Cover' tset hat seemed like an homage to 'Feud'? Why not do the same here? Imagine a computer generated version of the old revolving board throughout the show
And this would do WHAT? And how is it a homage to Feud? Because it had a rotating logo? O....kayyyyy.

3 - Have some fun w/ the opening with the contestants. Feature them in the opening in a montage a like 'H2'. At a minimum have them run out to their podiums at the start of the show as Burton announces them
Umm...no. I'd love to see them go back to doing family style portraits, like on the Dawson and Combs versions, or even the cartoons from Dawson's return. But people in Hell want ice water and AC.

4 - Drop the 1976 structure, at least in the main game. Instead play rounds 3, 4 or 5 if necessary in the same segment.
Ever hear of commercials?

5 - The set still needs work
Matter of opinion.

6 - At a minimum, minimum, have some fun when contestants loose fast money! Give them a jarring buzz or something humorous. Stop doing nothing!
[snapback]93328[/snapback]

You made six suggestions, and all six of them do not a damn thing to make the show better. They made one big change during the Karn era, and got rid of the one-strike triple round. The show is fine, except for the caffinated audience and contestants. If everyone stops hooting and hollering, that right there would improve the show drastically, IMO. A whole bunch of gratuitous fanb0i changes does nothing, which is what your list is headed towards.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 10:03:48 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

FOXSportsFan

Karn's Feud
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »
In response to you Paul...
1) The current theme has grown on me.  The "B Side of the Louie theme" as I call the package is solid music.

2) While it would be neat, you'll never see it happen.  I mean there's a better chance of Mr. Lemon making lemonade come out of his bum...the thought of that disturbs all.

3) Have them run to the podium...that might be okay, but I like the way it is.

4) It's coming up on 2006...a show goes 20-21 mins tops these days, so get over it.

5) What are you the umpire who calls foul balls behind home plate homeruns?  The set looks fine as is.

6) Get over yourself.  

Hey, I want someone akin to the late Ray Combs hosting, a jackpot of $25,000, and such...but I'm more than happy with what we have now.  There is one small request I have...GET A DAMNED PHILADELPHIA STATION TO PICK UP FEUD!  And, ahead of time to the resident nerd/troll/whatever the hell he is, Zach, WFMZ-TV doesn't count...that's ALLENTOWN...not PHILADELPHIA.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Karn's Feud
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 12:24:04 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 09:20 PM\']I mean there's a better chance of Mr. Lemon making lemonade come out of his bum...the thought of that disturbs all.
[/quote]
Feed me some gazpacho, and stand back. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MCArroyo1

Karn's Feud
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 12:52:23 AM »
Uh, Waiter, check please.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 12:52:41 AM by MCArroyo1 »

GS Warehouse

Karn's Feud
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 12:52:26 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 11:24 PM\']Feed me some gazpacho, and stand back. :)
[snapback]93340[/snapback]
[/quote]
[MUTE]  Nobody wants to see that!

The only four enhancements I can think of are: $10/point for FM losses, bring back the one-strike rule for the Triple round (why do you think they brought back the play/pass option?), coming up with some new dialog for Richard, and bring back the old sign-off line ("Be good to your families, and come back and see out families here on the Feud!").  Gimme my points.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 12:52:42 AM by GS Warehouse »

BrandonFG

Karn's Feud
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 12:57:05 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 11:52 PM\']Gimme my points.
[snapback]93344[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't expect me to double them. (ducking)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Karn's Feud
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 01:06:43 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 09:52 PM\']bring back the one-strike rule for the Triple round (why do you think they brought back the play/pass option?),
[/quote]
Certainly not for a bastardized quickie round that ends up deciding the game.

Sorry, I don't see how the one-strike thing is any kind of enhancement whatsoever.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

Karn's Feud
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 09:29:36 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 11:24 PM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 4 2005, 09:20 PM\']I mean there's a better chance of Mr. Lemon making lemonade come out of his bum...the thought of that disturbs all.
[/quote]
Feed me some gazpacho, and stand back. :)
[snapback]93340[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey, my Spanish teacher from high school still has some McDonald's gazpacho from her trip to Spain in mint condition from a few years ago.  Will that suffice?  LOL.

urbanpreppie05

Karn's Feud
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 10:35:18 AM »
1) The current theme has grown on me. The "B Side of the Louie theme" as I call the package is solid music.

I agree...I like the Season 4 cut from the opening.

3) Have them run to the podium...that might be okay, but I like the way it is.

I like that...but I would be happier if the show went back to the season 4 opening instead...I liked it because it was a modern twist on  the old open.

5) What are you the umpire who calls foul balls behind home plate homeruns? The set looks fine as is.

Hear, hear. I really like the set, and I don't understand why people complain so much about it- did they really expect them to pull dawson's set out of the trash and use it?
insert signature here