Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiL Roll Call: Atlantic City  (Read 12702 times)

FOXSportsFan

TPiL Roll Call: Atlantic City
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2005, 03:24:49 PM »
Back to said topic, it looks as if I'm heading to the early show at Showboat Sunday...anyone care to buy me my first drink as a 21 year old while I'm there?

uncamark

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2005, 05:09:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 01:07 PM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 09:37 AM\'][quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 11:05 AM\']Report from the road:
[/quote]
Does anyone see anything wrong with the above post?
[/quote]
Randy has posted from Ricci's account before. I forget why, but I remember him having a good reason.
[snapback]94511[/snapback]
[/quote]

IIRC, John does Randy's site.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 05:15:22 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 02:09 PM\']IIRC, John does Randy's site.
[/quote]
Nono. He has "forged and maintained a strategic and creative business relationship" with Randy. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SplitSecond

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »
Would that he forged some HTML skills first.

jrjgames

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 04:30 PM\']Would that he forged some HTML skills first.
[snapback]94551[/snapback]
[/quote]

Man you guys are brutal!

He used my computer today! Sorry Columbo and Sherlock, case closed! :D

John

tvrandywest

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 10:58:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 01:30 PM\']Would that he forged some HTML skills first.
[snapback]94551[/snapback]
[/quote]
Careful "Split", or I'll disclose your secret identity  ;-P

And yes, I used John's PC earlier because that's what friends let friends do. I probably should have logged in properly, but then things would be so boring in this thread.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:59:27 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TriplePlay1981

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 06:04:28 PM »
I will be there for my 3rd TPIR trip this Sunday! I hope I get to reunite with my friends. Take care!

Dean Rogers

cmjb13

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
Just got back from the 4pm show.

Summers was a suprise. He played it straight. I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm at times, but I enjoyed his work.  He kept the show going at a very quick pace which was welcomed.

Overall, I think he's better than Newton, but Walberg was slightly better.

I wasn't suprised how many people wanted autographs and pictures from him after the show.

I hope we can find out who this host is that is to be added to the roster (provided all the details are finalized).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 08:34:30 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

mystery7

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2005, 08:26:39 PM »
I'd imagine Summers did a great job. Walberg was amazing, though. What a sense of humor. Great guy, too. Wish he could've stuck around longer last year. (I also wish I could schedule a trip to AC soon to see Todd. Workin' on it.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 08:27:54 PM by mystery7 »

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 12:45:09 AM »
I ended up going to the first show...I was in the second IUFB for those who went there (big guy in khaki colored shirt with black Wheel of Fortune hat).  Kinda miffed that they had to use James and not Jim for my name (though hey, they gotta go by birthnames)...oh well, a dream fulfilled, my chance to hear my name being called to come on down...oh yeah and Randy saying it was nice too.

I'll agree with the takes on Marc.  I think he did a solid job but early on he seemed to play it a little too straight, especially during Race Game.  Situation occurred where the contestant went from 0 right to 2 right to 4 right.  Everyone and their sister knew the lady on stage had it won (1 switch needing to be made and all), yet Marc sorta was ho-hum on it.  That said, he was a good host, and he and Randy have a nice rapport on stage.

Marc and Randy were class acts after and were very gracious in talking with me and taking pics with me and everyone.  Now, if only the next IUFB were the models...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:48:13 AM by FOXSportsFan »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 01:37:55 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 21 2005, 09:45 PM\'](though hey, they gotta go by birthnames)
[/quote]
Randy, can you comment on this? As someone who commonly goes by his middle name (and will fight the bureaucracy about it to my dying day), I can't think of a single good reason why this should be so.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:38:12 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cacLA8383

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 02:03:32 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 21 2005, 10:45 PM\']I ended up going to the first show...I was in the second IUFB for those who went there (big guy in khaki colored shirt with black Wheel of Fortune hat).  Kinda miffed that they had to use James and not Jim for my name (though hey, they gotta go by birthnames)...oh well, a dream fulfilled, my chance to hear my name being called to come on down...oh yeah and Randy saying it was nice too.

I'll agree with the takes on Marc.  I think he did a solid job but early on he seemed to play it a little too straight, especially during Race Game.  Situation occurred where the contestant went from 0 right to 2 right to 4 right.  Everyone and their sister knew the lady on stage had it won (1 switch needing to be made and all), yet Marc sorta was ho-hum on it.  That said, he was a good host, and he and Randy have a nice rapport on stage.

Marc and Randy were class acts after and were very gracious in talking with me and taking pics with me and everyone.  Now, if only the next IUFB were the models...
[snapback]94728[/snapback]
[/quote]

Glad you had a great experience in A.C., buddy. One of these days, if TPIR Live ever comes back to Shreveport, I'll be making the looooooooong trip up north.

davewalls

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 09:48:39 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 21 2005, 11:45 PM\'](though hey, they gotta go by birthnames)...
[snapback]94728[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's weird: When I last went to the show (last fall in AC),
I had no problem using "Dave" as my name on the tag, rather
than "David".

Now, when I went to LA to see the show...it was "David", no
choice there.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

TimK2003

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 11:01:43 AM »
IIRC, from what I was told when we saw TPIR in LA 2 years ago, they have to go with exactly what is on your Social Security Card.  When my wife was called down at TV City, Randy had to call her by her maiden name, although her Drivers License was already in her new married name as we were married 4 days before.  

As to why she still had her old SSC, we were told by the local SS office before our honeymoon that she would have to surrender her old card when she applied for the name change, and there was no guarantee that she would get her new card in time before we left. Instead of risking her not being eligible to be a possible contestsnt (although they did say if chosen, you have x number of days to cough up a SSC to earn your prizes) she just kept her old card until we came back.

Which still doesn't explain why some game shows allowed people to use their nicknames or preferred names on the air.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 11:07:42 AM by TimK2003 »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 12:16:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 22 2005, 12:37 AM\']As someone who commonly goes by his middle name (and will fight the bureaucracy about it to my dying day), I can't think of a single good reason why [requiring first names] should be so.
[snapback]94735[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I know is that in L.A., the rule is that you have to go by the first and last name that you would use as if you were filing your taxes that day. So I guess it has something to do with making things easier on the people who have to report to the IRS on how much in winnings each contestant went away with -- this is the first name, this is the last name, this is their Social Security number, and this is how much they won. Throw a "goes by" in there, and then there's a greater chance of them making a mistake, I would assume.

--
Scott Robinson
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:16:33 PM by MSTieScott »