Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation ratings?  (Read 8736 times)

remlap

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 11:01:10 PM »
You really think your something dont you, does elitism come to mind, dont ever try to talk down to anyone on a forum about English skills or anything else for that matter, who do you think you are?

I know it will be me ended up getting the worst end of this trying to speak my mind.

I am entiled to an opinon as much as the next person here oh wait im not a  snob am I and speak away from the masses oppinon of getting exicted over nothing at all.

Im trying to post here, to add something other than its a great show blah blah blah.

Now if you want a translator go out and find someone with a GCSE in English from Wales who can understand ramblings at 4am in the morning.

Me no speaky english very well see.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 11:25:10 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 10:01 PM\']You really think your something dont you, does elitism come to mind, dont ever try to talk down to anyone on a forum about English skills or anything else for that matter, who do you think you are?
[/quote]
He's Chris Lemon. :)
When you fail to use sentence structure, proper grammar, and punctuation, you come off as unintellegent.

Which looks better:

Don Howard and Mike Klauss might go to the Game Show Convention.
or, does this look better:
don howard and mike klauss mite go to the game show cuhnventun

Your choice.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 12:17:56 AM »
I consider my brother to be very intelligent, yet he fails to capitalize words and the like when talking online. He says there's no reason to, but I tell him quite plainly it's the way I can separate the dumb from the smart when I'm in forums or chat.

Maybe it's not right in all cases (as above) but obviously a lot of our posters who know when to use Shift and when to include a comma seem to have their stuff together, too.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 12:27:07 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:17 PM\']He says there's no reason to, but I tell him quite plainly it's the way I can separate the dumb from the smart when I'm in forums or chat.
[/quote]
I appreciate ESL situations, but it's always been my feeling that if you think your posts are important enough that other people should read them, you should have enough pride in them to make them as coherent and pleasant to read as possible. And that means spelling correctly, punctuating correctly, quoting correctly, all of that.

If, on the other hand, all you care about is reading your own posts, then dowhatchalike, because if you keep it up you'll be the only one reading them.
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 07:54 PM\']with regard to the people who are bragging that they have seen some episodes of temptation, why don't you put it as a torrent or on ares.
[/quote]
...and why doesn't THIS surprise me in the least.

Hey, are you the same dude who was mooching 20K Pyramid clips back in the day?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 12:45:40 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 11:17 PM\']He says there's no reason to, but I tell him quite plainly it's the way I can separate the dumb from the smart when I'm in forums or chat.
[/quote]
How true.  It could be Bob Eubanks posting, but if he typed poorly, and his handle wasn't recognizable, I'd make the assumption he was an idiot as well.
[quote name=\'pyramid\']with regard to the people who are bragging that they have seen some episodes of temptation, why don't you put it as a torrent or on ares.[/quote]
Always something for nothing anymore, ain't it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 12:47:01 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DrJWJustice

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 12:52:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 10:25 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 10:01 PM\']You really think your something dont you, does elitism come to mind, dont ever try to talk down to anyone on a forum about English skills or anything else for that matter, who do you think you are?
[/quote]
He's Chris Lemon. :)
When you fail to use sentence structure, proper grammar, and punctuation, you come off as unintellegent.

Which looks better:

Don Howard and Mike Klauss might go to the Game Show Convention.
or, does this look better:
don howard and mike klauss mite go to the game show cuhnventun

Your choice.
[snapback]92753[/snapback]
[/quote]

And I was going to comment on your poor use of Her Majesty's English, but it's not necessary.  Modor did it above.  Who am I to comment?  I'm Prof. Jeff Wm. Justice, Ph.D.  

I also happen to be the giver of the Scarecrow Award on this forum for those posts that could have and should have had a lot more thought put into them before they were posted.  Any one of your posts on this thread make you a nominee, and the loser is (opens envelope, drumroll sounds) YOU!  Then again, this one was a foregone conclusion as you were the sole nominee.  

What's that you say?  No winner?  That's right.  No one 'wins' a Scarecrow on the forum.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 12:53:01 AM by DrJWJustice »

Jimmy Owen

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 01:07:42 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 06:05 AM\']

What I would like to know is, for those who follow TV ratings closely, is there a way to conveniently tell if it's doing well? The production values are GREAT, and I'd LIKE to think people are watching it, but of course we've seen much better shows crash and burn over the years...
[snapback]92681[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are some Australian ratings reports available at the oztam website.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 01:38:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 10:07 PM\']There are some Australian ratings reports available at the oztam website.
[/quote]
Thank you, Jimmy! For those interested, the pertinent report is:

http://www.oztam.com.au/documents/2005/E_20050717.pdf

...and lists Temptation at 20th overall, is the only game show in the Top 20, and is the only COMPETITION show aside from Big Brother on the list. And the difference between 20th and 14th is about eighty thousand viewers. I'm gonna take that as being optimistic.

DrJWJustice

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 02:12:37 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 12:38 AM\'] (snip)
...and lists Temptation at 20th overall, is the only game show in the Top 20, and is the only COMPETITION show aside from Big Brother on the list. And the difference between 20th and 14th is about eighty thousand viewers. I'm gonna take that as being optimistic.
[snapback]92770[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just to put things in perspective, the CIA World Factbook puts Australia's population at just over 20 million, less than 10% of that of the US.  I still think there's room for optimism, including optimism that the show will make its way to America's shores, again.

TheInquisitiveOne

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 08:02:32 PM »
When you are in the same list as Big Brother (which, from what I have heard in some circles, is very popular overseas) and Desperate Housewives, there is definitely a reason to be optimistic. I do wish Temptation a lot of success.

I am glad that Mr. Lemon did get some episodes of the show. I bet that the pacing is rather frenetic since they cram so much in a 30-minute package.

With the right people behind and in front of the camera, this show could very well work in the U.S. We've been due for a reincarnated version of $ale for quite a long time.

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 08:03:04 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

clemon79

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 08:35:57 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 11:12 PM\']Just to put things in perspective, the CIA World Factbook puts Australia's population at just over 20 million, less than 10% of that of the US.
[/quote]
Interesting. And a report in the Australian Journal of Educational Technology (citation: http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet10/oliver.html) cites that 99% of Australian homes have a television. (I find that a little surprising...is the population that concentrated in the cities? Do the Aborigines watch television in the Outback? :)). So we can use that number to convert what we have to a Nielsen-style rating. 1.3 / 20 would give us the percentage of all people watching the show, so that's a 6.5 rating. If I read the OZTAM reports right, it appears that the HUT number (Homes Using Television, the number of homes with a television that is actually turned ON) is about 85% of all homes, which is 17 million. So 1.3 / 17 would give us a 7.6 share.

To wit (and I realize this is TOTALLY apples and oranges, but this is all playing with numbers anyhow), last week in the States, a 6.5 rating would have been good for a tie for fourth with NCIS and one of the Law And Orders.

DrJWJustice

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 07:35 PM\'][quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 11:12 PM\']Just to put things in perspective, the CIA World Factbook puts Australia's population at just over 20 million, less than 10% of that of the US.
[/quote]
Interesting. And a report in the Australian Journal of Educational Technology (citation: http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet10/oliver.html) cites that 99% of Australian homes have a television. (I find that a little surprising...is the population that concentrated in the cities? Do the Aborigines watch television in the Outback? :)).

(snip)
[snapback]92819[/snapback]
[/quote]

At the risk of getting off-topic, yes, most of the population is concentrated in urban areas and along the coasts.  Geographically, it's roughly the size of the continental US (actually, AUS is a bit larger).  Yet, it only has six states and two territories.  The interior is largely desert and barely inhabitable. Sad to say, I can't speak for the Aboriginees.  I'll direct you to our Australian friends for an answer on that one.

Brig Bother

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 05:09:25 AM »
Australian gameshows have shockingly good production values when you consider how few people they are broadcasting to. Aussie BB, Deal or No Deal, Wheel of Fortune and The Mole were all very, very slick and nicely done.

NickS

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 10:59:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 05:26 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 05:22 PM\']On a more interesting note: can any font hounds provide unto me the name and/or location of a reasonable facsimile to the font used on the show?
[/quote]
You might try: Indentifont .
[snapback]92724[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey Chris:

Can you post a screencap?

I might be able to find it for you.

clemon79

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 11:14:16 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 07:59 PM\']Hey Chris:

Can you post a screencap?

I might be able to find it for you.
[/quote]
Thanks, but you didn't see my post above. Casey Buck came through and got it for me. It's all good. :)