Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Charity WWTBAM  (Read 2474 times)

mmb5

Charity WWTBAM
« on: June 26, 2005, 09:24:26 PM »
Saw this on UKGameshows.com (emphasis mine):

Global Millionaire
Set for this coming autumn, many editions of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? across the world will be recording their own celebrity editions to raise money for UNICEF. At the moment the UK,
USA, Italy and France has already signed up for the fundraising event with a possibility of more countries to follow. So far music stars Robbie Williams, Elton John & Bob Geldof has offered their services to play for £1 Million.

I don't know if this means the thawing of Regis or if this is Meredith's edition.

--Mike

RIP Richard, hopefully God loves puns.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Kevin Prather

Charity WWTBAM
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 09:26:32 PM »
Well, there hasn't been a Celebrity Millionaire in the US since 2002. Perhaps it's time for one...JUST...one...

Craig Karlberg

Charity WWTBAM
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 04:43:36 AM »
I agree that there should only be ONE celebrety edition of Millionaire on condition that Micheal Davies would somehow have top-notch stars compete as part of this global event.  UNICEF is a well-know organization & I just hope ABC doesn't screw this one up if they somehow figure a way to schedule it.  If it's Meredeth's edition, then I feel a week's worth of shows in November sweeps will suffice.

jmangin

Charity WWTBAM
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:22:55 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 26 2005, 09:26 PM\']Perhaps it's time for one...JUST...one...
[snapback]90134[/snapback]
[/quote]

BITE YOUR TONGUE!

Kevin Prather

Charity WWTBAM
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 04:14:58 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Jun 27 2005, 05:22 AM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 26 2005, 09:26 PM\']Perhaps it's time for one...JUST...one...
[snapback]90134[/snapback]
[/quote]

BITE YOUR TONGUE!
[snapback]90189[/snapback]
[/quote]

Come on. They ran them into the ground then, but it's been three freaking years. Once in three years isn't so bad.

StevensM

Charity WWTBAM
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 04:23:22 PM »
Neither ABC nor the syndicated show has released any information about this yet, so there's no telling whether this could end up airing in primetime or in the syndicated show.

I think a one or two night celebrity special would be OK.  The concept in itself isn't bad, it's just that such episodes should be aired sparingly and that most importantly they should not preclude the regular show from airing.  That said, if ABC were to give the charity special a slot in primetime, I'd hope to see Super Millionaire Civilian Edition back as well.