Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rafferty Card Sharks question  (Read 4853 times)

Card Shark

Rafferty Card Sharks question
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:23:07 PM »
I watched today for the first time in a few weeks. Suddenly, there are only 3 questions per round and 2 for a tie breaker. When did this happen? Did it stay like this for the rest of the run?
Adam Strom

beatlefreak84

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:51:42 PM »
This happened when the format changed to include the prize cards and the car bonus game.  No; it won't stay like this forever, as I do have an episode on tape from later on in the run that goes back to the usual 4-4-3 format.

I've also heard that the format may switch to 4-3-2 before going to 4-4-3; can anyone confirm or correct this?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

wschmrdr

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:20:37 AM »
I believe when Young Peoples Week was being shown during the marathon, they went to the 4-4-1 setup. (Either that or 4-4-3, I can't remember) I think they did the original change in order to speed up the game and you could get a full game (at least, including bonus round) into 30 minutes, especially since Bill's pace wasn't as speedy as Bob's. When they found they were getting a lot in, they probably went back.

Interestingly enough, with the 4-4-3 setup, if you were to get all 11 questions in your favor, change the base card each time, and run the board while screwing up on the last card (with the exception of sudden death in one of the first two so you could get to the tiebreaker), you would go through all 52 cards exactly. This proves that the reasoning for the change in questioning was not because there weren't enough cards in the deck.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 01:40:23 AM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 12:20 AM\']I believe when Young Peoples Week was being shown during the marathon, they went to the 4-4-1 setup. (Either that or 4-4-3, I can't remember)
[snapback]89095[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Young People's Week was 4-4-3 (I guess some more evidence that we'll be heading back there!).  AFAIK, 4-4-1 was a format unique to Eubanks' version; I believe that started after Rafferty's was already off the air.  Can somebody confirm/correct this?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 07:58:07 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 12:40 AM\']

The Young People's Week was 4-4-3 (I guess some more evidence that we'll be heading back there!).  AFAIK, 4-4-1 was a format unique to Eubanks' version; I believe that started after Rafferty's was already off the air.  Can somebody confirm/correct this?

Anthony
[snapback]89099[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Sudden Death tiebreaker format started in March 1988, long after the Rafferty CS ended.