Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Today's TV Game Show Almanac  (Read 2498 times)

Don Howard

Today's TV Game Show Almanac
« on: June 21, 2005, 11:03:07 PM »
It was exactly one year ago this very night (or early evening in some cities) when Jeopardy!, America's favorite answer & question game where Art Fleming used to read the answers while the contestants would come up with the questions which is now hosted by former Battlestars emcee Alex Trebek, who dismissed accusations that he was plastered during the final taping of The New High Rollers as "utter nonsense", brought on as one of the challengers to Ken Jennings---a Bill Cullen fan from Mid-Michigan in the United States Of America: Matt Ottinger.

Upon landing on a Daily Double, the quizmaster of Quizbusters did not ask to "make it a true Daily Double". NO! He said, "I'd like to bet all of it". I remember liking that he phrased it that way. I also remember liking Marathon chocolate bars and the tooth fairy.

Jeopardy! went on to have a successful run in syndication which continues to this day. The current season (#21) of the current incarnation will end on July 22nd...Alex's 65th birthday.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 11:05:56 PM by Don Howard »

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 11:06:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 10:03 PM\']It was exactly one year ago this very night (or early evening in some cities) when Jeopardy!, America's favorite answer & question game where Art Fleming used to read the answers while the contestants would come up with the questions which is now hosted by former Battlestars emcee Alex Trebek, who dismissed accusations that he was plastered during the final taping of The New High Rollers as "utter nonsense", brought on as one of the challengers to Ken Jennings---a Bill Cullen fan from Mid-Michigan in the United States Of America: Matt Ottinger.

Upon landing on a Daily Double, the quizmaster of Quizbusters did not ask to "make it a true Daily Double". NO! He said, "I'd like to bet all of it". I remember liking that he phrased it that way. I also remember liking Marathon chocolate bars and the tooth fairy.

Jeopardy! went to have a successful run in syndication which continues to this day.
[snapback]89706[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought of this being the first anniversary of Ottinger's keeping Ken from a runaway game going into FJ! when I saw the Michigan-themed FJ! on tonight's show.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:11:20 PM »
What does any of this have to do with Blake Emmons?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:11:27 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 10:06 PM\']I thought of this being the first anniversary of Ottinger's keeping Ken from a runaway game going into FJ! when I saw the Michigan-themed FJ! on tonight's show.
[snapback]89708[/snapback]
[/quote]

1) That's a run-on sentence. Let me find my red pen.
2) Do you want a cookie?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mmb5

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:28:30 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 10:06 PM\']I thought of this being the first anniversary of Ottinger's keeping Ken from a runaway game going into FJ! when I saw the Michigan-themed FJ! on tonight's show.
[snapback]89708[/snapback]
[/quote]

Although "Michigan-themed", the answer is not one for the alumni of Matt's institution of higher learning to hang their hats on.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

catkins522

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 12:32:40 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 10:28 PM\']Although "Michigan-themed", the answer is not one for the alumni of Matt's institution of higher learning to hang their hats on.
[/quote]

What is Arlen Hair Academy University? ;-)

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Tim L

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 01:07:41 AM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 11:32 PM\'][quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 10:28 PM\']Although "Michigan-themed", the answer is not one for the alumni of Matt's institution of higher learning to hang their hats on.
[/quote]

What is Arlen Hair Academy University? ;-)

Charles
[snapback]89719[/snapback]
[/quote]

What else?  AHA U!..(hangs head in shame)