Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Viacom bought GSN...  (Read 9028 times)

rugrats1

If Viacom bought GSN...
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005, 07:52:03 PM »
1995 : The Dana Carvey Mug Root Beer Comedy Show. ABC Primetime. Lasted less than 13 weeks I recall....

I think the show had a different sponsor each week -- one of the weeks, it was sponsored by Taco Bell. I think Pizza Hut sponsored another week.

All the sponsors at the time were brands of a single company -- Pepsico.

And, to be honest, I don't think the show lasted beyond a month.

uncamark

If Viacom bought GSN...
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 30 2005, 06:30 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 30 2005, 04:21 PM\']Dog Eat Dog : "Lets check out the Circuit City Big Screen..."
[/quote]
And the NetZero Clock! Don't forget the NetZero Clock! :)
[snapback]87082[/snapback]
[/quote]

And in Chicago, when Pax was airing "Supermarket Sweep," WCPX treated us to a crawl during the Big Sweep plugging Jewel, Helping Make Your Life Easier.  (During the local breaks, they also ran Ruprecht doing a Jewel billboard--before Patty Heaton became Jewel/Albertson's spokesperson, much to Dave's regret, since I'm sure he would've enjoyed seeing her matched set in person.)  Seems to me that WCPX ran advertising crawls for other shows--Luna Carpeting seems to stick out in my mind.  (Those of you who are Chicagoans or viewers of WGN know that the Luna jingle is almost as insidious as "Eight-hundred-Five-Eight-Eight-Two-Three-Hundred-EM-PIRRREEE!")

And when in New York last year, what to my wonderment did I discover but that Empire is now a national company.  You now don't even have to have WGN on your cable to know that jingle by heart.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
If Viacom bought GSN...
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 05:47:39 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 31 2005, 02:36 PM\']And when in New York last year, what to my wonderment did I discover but that Empire is now a national company.  You now don't even have to have WGN on your cable to know that jingle by heart.
[/quote]
But do you get 23 free meals at Cucina Cucina! restaurants with an auto glass replacement, that's MY question... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe