Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's a bad, bad, bad, bad edit  (Read 5319 times)

jalman

It's a bad, bad, bad, bad edit
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 03:34:28 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'May 22 2005, 12:04 AM\']
Actually, according to my local Tv schedules at the time, the shows were actually called "Peer Pressure 1" and "Peer Pressure 2", with one of these shows the reruns, and the other being the first-run's second season.
[/quote]

Actually, I remembered that "Pressure 1" was a completely separate game show than (Peer) "Pressure 2."   Click aired back-to-back with Peer Pressure the previous season, and Pressure 1 was a replacement for Click.  Don't really remember the rules of "Pressure 1," though.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 04:20:04 AM »
Three players compete in various solo tasks to move spaces on a 'life-sized' game board.  The two who are the farthest along at the final break compete in a final challenge where they must alternately guess how the audience responded to various 'dilemma' type questions.

And I never saw the second iteration, I'd be interested to see how that worked.  It had to be better.
Travis L. Eberle

jalman

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 02:33:26 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'May 22 2005, 03:20 AM\']Three players compete in various solo tasks to move spaces on a 'life-sized' game board.  The two who are the farthest along at the final break compete in a final challenge where they must alternately guess how the audience responded to various 'dilemma' type questions.

And I never saw the second iteration, I'd be interested to see how that worked.  It had to be better.
[snapback]86118[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe my previous post wasn't clear, but I'm familiar with the rules of Peer Preesure.  I was thinking of the rules to a separate game show called Pressure 1; also I'm thinking that (Peer) Pressure 2 aired after Pressure 1.  Didn't Pressure 1 lean toward being a more conventional quizzer than Peer?

Jay Temple

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'May 21 2005, 10:47 AM\']I remember a contestant on Rhyme and Reason who apparently wrote the word "S**T" on her answer screen (the first half of the couplet probably ended in "Bit".)  After several awkward seconds of close-ups of the celebrities, you heard (but didn't see) Bob Eubanks tell the contestant that she needed to choose an alternate response.  (Now that I think of it, she was probably trying to match Jaye P. Morgan, whose verbal responses often ended in censored words.)
[/quote]
One such instance involved the word that you guessed.
First line:  "Jaye P. Morgan did one of her bits."
Jaye's second line:  "Jaye P. Morgan showed her (cuckoo sound)."

Since that wasn't really a bad edit, here's one:  I saw a Dawson Feud earlier this year, which was discussed in a thread, where a FM question was edited down to, "Name a car," or not much more than that.  The speculation is that the question was to name a car that was bad in some way.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 11:23:36 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 10:19:58 PM »
Actually, I remembered that "Pressure 1" was a completely separate game show than (Peer) "Pressure 2." Click aired back-to-back with Peer Pressure the previous season, and Pressure 1 was a replacement for Click.

Indeed...and it was the 2nd season of reruns for Peer Pressure, they just changed the title and kept the Pop-Up Video-esque comments and generic category graphics (guess they only had rights to the Magic 8 Ball for the 1st season...LOL) from the previous season.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")