Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestant notice for GSN Lingo  (Read 10571 times)

Terry K

Contestant notice for GSN Lingo
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2005, 10:30:50 PM »
The model doesn't serve ANY useful purpose.  Stacey was horrid and I couldn't (and still can't) watch any episodes she did.  Why even bother?  The game carries itself well without any additional help.

ezbidder

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 10:56:09 PM »
Oh man, yet another bash Stacey post - when is it ever going to end?  Stacey made the show what it is today.

CarbonCpy

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2005, 03:32:26 AM »
[quote name=\'ezbidder\' date=\'May 27 2005, 09:56 PM\']Oh man, yet another bash Stacey post - when is it ever going to end?  Stacey made the show what it is today.
[snapback]86773[/snapback]
[/quote]

You mean dumber?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 03:32:48 AM by CarbonCpy »

MCArroyo1

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2005, 05:09:22 PM »
You mean dumber?
How so?  The words are still five letters long.  It's not like she ever screwed the rules up.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 05:10:01 PM by MCArroyo1 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2005, 05:34:28 PM »
[quote name=\'MCArroyo1\' date=\'May 28 2005, 02:09 PM\']
You mean dumber?
How so?  The words are still five letters long.  It's not like she ever screwed the rules up.
[/quote]
When you have a piece of eye candy on your set, try to pass her off as your "judge", and imply that the tapping and clicking on the Mac on her desk is having ANY effect on game operations whatsoever, your show has just gotten dumber.

(In fact, I'd put up The Usual Amount (that's $1, for those of you who have never seen "Trading Places") that says that the whatever computer that keyboard and mouse MIGHT have been connected to wasn't even turned ON. If it so much as had power running to it.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 05:39:06 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2005, 11:07:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 28 2005, 04:34 PM\'](In fact, I'd put up The Usual Amount (that's $1, for those of you who have never seen "Trading Places") that says that the whatever computer that keyboard and mouse MIGHT have been connected to wasn't even turned ON. If it so much as had power running to it.)
[snapback]86824[/snapback]
[/quote]
So you think they were feeding Stacey the definitions through the IFB?  She's certainly not a real game show judge, but I wouldn't be surprised if the producers used the computer as an ersatz teleprompter [sic].
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2005, 12:12:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'May 28 2005, 08:07 PM\']So you think they were feeding Stacey the definitions through the IFB?
[/quote]
I don't know how she got them for certain, but I'm saying she damned well didn't look them up herself, that's for sure.
but I wouldn't be surprised if the producers used the computer as an ersatz teleprompter [sic].
Well, clearly the flatscreen monitor was hooked into the studio's video system, since it did display a picture. You wouldn't need the actual computer for that, though, an adapter or two would just route it right in, and the control room could control what shows up on it at their whim. It's wholly possible that whatever software they used to run the game allowed them to flash a message at the bottom of the screen for her, in what would be "the dead zone" of the broadcast image, which is what they put up on the projection TV.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe