Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New SB Interview Online  (Read 8909 times)

zachhoran

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2003, 07:54:43 PM »
Not sure on if Redenbacher was on classic WML, but he was on early 70s TTTT before his national exposure started kicking in. Colonel Sanders did WML pre-KFC.

Don Howard

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »
Thom and Jenny were suggested for B&E's new show which involved competing couples, mmm? Wonder how long the McKee pair would have lasted on Play The Percentages.

zachhoran

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2003, 08:41:01 PM »
I think McKee's run on TTD lasted a few weeks longer than the couples format of PtP, the latter lasted for eight weeks.

Winkfan

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2003, 11:39:15 PM »
And one photo was submitted by our own Tammy Warner.
Actually, Steve e-mailed me asking if he could use my snap from Thom's final TTD appearence (which, BTW, is part of my tribute to the Winkster) for his interview. He even gave me credit!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Phyllis Newman of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:40:44 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

drmusic_99

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2003, 12:34:37 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 11:43 AM\'] [quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 11:14 AM\']One of the game show books floating around out there has a picture of McKee with Wink, and they have the DOPIEST looks on their faces. That's what sprung into mind when I heard the name. :)[/quote]
With apologies to Mike Klauss :-)

http://tv-gameshows.com/gallery/ttd6a.jpg

Would this be the pic? I believe it was in Come On Down. [/quote]
 That's the one!

ChuckNet

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2003, 01:53:04 AM »
One item of note is that Enright originally wanted Thom and wife Jenny to appear on Play the Percentages (McKee mentions it as a \"couples game that didn't last too long\")...imagine how different things would've been had the original plans worked out, much like Apple's classic \"1984\" Macintosh ad seen only during that yr's Super Bowl, which was originally supposed to run during a college game(!).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New SB Interview Online
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2003, 02:14:02 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 10:53 PM\'] One item of note is that Enright originally wanted Thom and wife Jenny to appear on Play the Percentages [/quote]
 Yes, we were discussing that five and a half hours ago, when Don mentioned it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrianFTL

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2003, 07:09:31 AM »
I was happy that  SB got the facts right.  I have read way too many accounts of Thom McKee that misspelled his name, gave an incorrect total, or gave an incorrect car count ...

I have vivid memories of watching this as a kid and seeing $312,700 across the bottom of the screen when he finally lost.  It's one of those images you just don't forget.

Ian Wallis

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2003, 09:38:26 AM »
Wasn't his appearance on Ward's TTTT the second ep of the series from fall 1980? Couldn't have been a couple *years* later....maybe a few months. If I'm right, the ep aired September 9th 1980.

------

According to records I kept at the time, the season premiere of \"Tic Tac Dough\" originally aired on September 1, 1980.  The episode where Thom was finally defeated ran on September 15, 1980.  I think by then \"Tic Tac\" was airing at the same time in every city, but if it wasn't, then it's possible that it could have been a couple of weeks later in some areas.

Interestingly enough, old copies of TVGuide from around that time had pictures of Thom on their \"Tic Tac Dough\" ads, stating something like \"how long will he keep winning\".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PeterMarshallFan

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2003, 10:48:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 11:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 05:12 AM\'] And one photo was submitted by our own Tammy Warner. [/quote]
Actually, Steve e-mailed me asking if he could use my snap from Thom's final TTD appearence (which, BTW, is part of my tribute to the Winkster) for his interview. He even gave me credit!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Phyllis Newman of the Big Board!' [/quote]
 I think he learned his lesson after the You Don't Say! '75 fiasco.

BrandonFG

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2003, 11:44:15 AM »
[quote name=\'BrianFTL\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 06:09 AM\']I was happy that  SB got the facts right.  I have read way too many accounts of Thom McKee that misspelled his name, gave an incorrect total, or gave an incorrect car count ...
[/quote]
Not to mention many reference books have stated different years; I've seen 1978, 1980, and 1982 all listed as the years Thom appeared. :-/
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New SB Interview Online
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2003, 11:45:17 AM »
[quote name=\'BrianFTL\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 04:09 AM\'] I was happy that  SB got the facts right. [/quote]
 I'm ALWAYS happy when SB gets a fact right. It doesn't happen all that often, after all. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

New SB Interview Online
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2003, 01:10:37 AM »
Yes, we were discussing that five and a half hours ago, when Don mentioned it.

My bad...this is what happens when you're breezing through these threads at a time when you should be sleeping. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Less-Than-Perfect \"Chuckie Baby\")