The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

H2 Changes, for its last season

(1/22) > >>

AndyG:
Some sources have reported from the tapings of H2's last season, and there are some rule changes. First, the game is played in a best two out of three format, instead of the game jackpot's of $1000, $1000, $2000, and $4000. And, the Bonus Round prizes are switched around, with the champ playing for a Trip, then Cash, and finally a Car. Also, shows can have more than one bonus round, which could make some games more exciting. Sounds pretty cool to me.

PeterMarshallFan:
Does that mean it'll straddle?

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'AndyG\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 04:59 PM\']Some sources have reported from the tapings of H2's last season, and there are some rule changes. First, the game is played in a best two out of three format, instead of the game jackpot's of $1000, $1000, $2000, and $4000. And, the Bonus Round prizes are switched around, with the champ playing for a Trip, then Cash, and finally a Car. Also, shows can have more than one bonus round, which could make some games more exciting. Sounds pretty cool to me.[/quote]
I don't mind the fact that the show will now straddle, if this is indeed true. The biggest problem I see is that H2 barely fits in two rounds nowadays, let alone three FULL matches. Unless the \"behind the squares\" and (unnecessary) witty banter is dropped, 2/3 matches sound like they'll be rare, unless we revert to the pace of the 98-99 season, where three or four games were feasible IIRC.

Matt Ottinger:
I still say that the producers realize their audience is more interested in the celebrities and the witty banter than they are in whether that guy or this girl wins more games of tic-tac-toe.

zachhoran:
This sounds pretty damn good, you know. We've been talking about Squares going to a straddled format since at least the second season of this version, and now it does.
Any word on how the Secret Squares will work or on how long a player can stay on as champion?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version