Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boy, they look familiar  (Read 8464 times)

GS Warehouse

Boy, they look familiar
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »
We saw a woman named Margie Patrick a couple shows ago on Rafferty CS.  Is it just me, or did we see her on another show?  She looks a little familiar to me--maybe it could be because my mother wears her hair like that.

I have no doubt about a woman who's on that same show right now.  Risha Golby, a retired 7-time champ on CS in 1979, has resurfaced (I do recall FF94 and MG98 allowed contestants from previous incarnations).  The first game is in progress as I type this.

aaron sica

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:18:28 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:57 PM\']
I have no doubt about a woman who's on that same show right now.  Risha Golby, a retired 7-time champ on CS in 1979, has resurfaced (I do recall FF94 and MG98 allowed contestants from previous incarnations).  The first game is in progress as I type this.
[snapback]83672[/snapback]
[/quote]

Would that be the same Risha who uttered "You are going to have to carry me out here on a STRETCHER if it is a pair!!"?

calliaume

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 03:19:18 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 01:57 PM\']We saw a woman named Margie Patrick a couple shows ago on Rafferty CS.  Is it just me, or did we see her on another show?  She looks a little familiar to me--maybe it could be because my mother wears her hair like that.

I have no doubt about a woman who's on that same show right now.  Risha Golby, a retired 7-time champ on CS in 1979, has resurfaced (I do recall FF94 and MG98 allowed contestants from previous incarnations).  The first game is in progress as I type this.
[/quote]
We know G-T reused a lot of contestants -Blockbusters whiz Leland Yung had previously played Password Plus, Kirstie Alley did both MG and Password Plus, etc.

Contestants on the shows also occasionally got full-time jobs - both Card Sharks '86 dealers had previously been on G-T shows (Susannah Williams was a civilian contestant on Super Password early in the run; Lacey Pemberton was on a "celebrity" version of Family Feud - was she a model or a beauty pageant winner previously?).

Moral - in the '70s and '80s, when you went on G-T shows, you made nice to everybody, as a plan for the future.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:31:41 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:18 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:57 PM\']
[/quote]

Would that be the same Risha who uttered "You are going to have to carry me out here on a STRETCHER if it is a pair!!"?
[snapback]83675[/snapback]
[/quote]

Its the same Risha, with the same main game luck...we'll find out if she goes for the MC tomorrow...

MCArroyo1

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 03:19 PM\']Contestants on the shows also occasionally got full-time jobs - both Card Sharks '86 dealers had previously been on G-T shows (Susannah Williams was a civilian contestant on Super Password early in the run; Lacey Pemberton was on a "celebrity" version of Family Feud - was she a model or a beauty pageant winner previously?).
[snapback]83676[/snapback]
[/quote]
She was a model (I believe they all were).  And I recall her doing quite well in Fast Money.

gsnstooge

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:35:13 PM »
Among the other models who were with Lacey on FF was Twyla Littleton, who was on the premire week of the Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour.

dzinkin

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 08:13:25 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 03:19 PM\']Contestants on the shows also occasionally got full-time jobs - both Card Sharks '86 dealers had previously been on G-T shows (Susannah Williams was a civilian contestant on Super Password early in the run; Lacey Pemberton was on a "celebrity" version of Family Feud - was she a model or a beauty pageant winner previously?).
[/quote]
There's also an episode of Tattletales in which Lacey appeared as a model for a visual question.  I can't recall what the question was or who the celebrities were, but I saw the episode at the Museum of Television & Radio; I believe GSN has run it since I'm sure I've seen it on at least one collector's trading list.

dmota104

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:39:43 AM »
Sorry for going off-tangent -- but what is Suzanna up to nowadays?  It was fun seeing "Suzie's" episodes on SP on GSN -- only to be followed immediately by Rafferty CS.

Lacey's part of the production team on "The Bachelor(ette)".  Here her in a radio interview at ...

http://www.971zht.com/music/interviews/zoo.html

...there are several MP3 files there.  You'll want to use that "Edit, Find" feature of your broswer and enter "Lacey" as the search term.

cmjb13

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 02:48:51 PM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 10:39 AM\']Lacey's part of the production team on "The Bachelor(ette)".  Here her in a radio interview at ...
[/quote]
The hell with audio. I wanna see pictures.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 06:12:36 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:19 PM\']Moral - in the '70s and '80s, when you went on G-T shows, you made nice to everybody, as a plan for the future.
[/quote]

And vice versa.  By all accounts, G-T was one of those packagers where if you were rejected for one show, thanks to those black-and-white Polaroids they took of every prospective contestant and could look up in their files, you were blackballed for all of them.  You could say the same thing about many other packagers.

One notable exception was Merv--you could very likely fail on "Wheel" but still get selected for "J!", since, after all, the two shows have different kinds of personalities they look for.  Of course, that's true today under Harry Friedman.

calliaume

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 01:48 PM\'][quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 10:39 AM\']Lacey's part of the production team on "The Bachelor(ette)".  Here her in a radio interview at ...
[/quote]
The hell with audio. I wanna see pictures.
[snapback]83854[/snapback]
[/quote]
You know, I mentioned this to her the other day in the shower.  (Hey, what's a life without dreams?)

Just remember the kid she had while Card Sharks was running is now old enough to drive.

ChuckNet

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 07:56:21 PM »
There's also an episode of Tattletales in which Lacey appeared as a model for a visual question. I can't recall what the question was or who the celebrities were, but I saw the episode at the Museum of Television & Radio; I believe GSN has run it since I'm sure I've seen it on at least one collector's trading list.

That would be me. :-) It was Best Friends' Week, w/3 male-only celeb teams, and Lacey, along w/a blonde model and a redhead, walked across the stage individually, w/the question being the question was "Which of these 3 models is most your friend's type?".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

wschmrdr

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »
I recognized a contestant Maury on Rafferty CS I think (may have been Eubanks, but I think it was Rafferty). I think he was on the Perry version of Card Sharks, won 7 games, and was the last civilian before the push rule was added. (BTW, he lost $5000 on his final big bet to what would have been a push about 3 weeks later).

GS Warehouse

Boy, they look familiar
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 10:32:39 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'May 5 2005, 07:58 PM\']I recognized a contestant Maury on Rafferty CS I think (may have been Eubanks, but I think it was Rafferty). I think he was on the Perry version of Card Sharks, won 7 games, and was the last civilian before the push rule was added. (BTW, he lost $5000 on his final big bet to what would have been a push about 3 weeks later).
[snapback]84534[/snapback]
[/quote]
That has got to be coincidence.  Maury, a 7-time winner on Perry CS, defeated Risha, another 7-time winner on CS on Rafferty CS.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised if someone finds that "current" champ Debbie also had a history on CS.