Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shall we take up a collection?  (Read 7151 times)

tvwxman

Shall we take up a collection?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 05:10:06 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 7 2005, 07:55 PM\']I've noticed Byron has a lot of syndicated shows that pop up in the middle of the night. There's EntertainmentStudios.com (I think it was "The Entertainers" at one point) and AutomotiveVision.tv. A bunch of low-budget stuff, but to air at 1:30 in the morning (in Norfolk at least). Then again, if that's your main timeslot across the country, do you really need a large budget. However, I've yet to see a current EntertainmentStudios ep.; I watched it the other nite, and they had a co-star from National Treasure, which was what, November?
[/quote]

Well, keep in mind that its not syndication we're talking here.....

It's an infomercial...And considering he has enough pull to get him into press junkets (which, Michi-Matt, I believe is now up to 3 phone calls to get into...the agent, the publicist, AND the hotel concierge, cuz they have to be tipped to let off when the junket is!).... he gets a lot of BIG stars to appear on his infomercials, which HE makes money off of....not a bad deal for Business 101 class.

Though, gawd knows what he'd program 24 hours with. These contacts with celebs aren't going to work when he wants to introduce "Sorta-Black Break the Bank"
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005, 05:19:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 10:57 AM\']His act of pretending to be pals to the stars he interviews, some of whom clearly have no idea who he is, is fascinating to watch in a train-wreck sort of way.

[snapback]81014[/snapback]
[/quote]

I could just imagine this mini-reunion as well...

"Our special guest today was on 'Real People' with me, and also hosted a few game shows. He now is a successful college basketball announcer for CBS, please welcome Bill Rafferty!"

"Hi, Byron. Actually, that's not me, that's Bill RAFTERY"

*More uncomfortable silence*

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 04:19 PM\']"Hi, Byron. Actually, that's not me, that's Bill RAFTERY"
[snapback]81075[/snapback]
[/quote]
The kiss!  Manaman!  Send it in!  ONIONS!

Raf's the best.  I'd rather hear him work a game than P-acc-ker or Vitale.

Doug -- winner of his office NCAA pool (two years running)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 08:33:07 PM »
PAX is hemorrhaging cash; as of September they were $991 million in debt. That's now over 1 BILLION dollars, kids. The programming and airtime sales deals with NBC have fallen apart. PAX is a distressed property
I'm a Wall Street banker (OK, one of my multiple personalities is). Convince me that Byron Allen, with zero experience in broadcast or cable management (independent producer doesn't count) can turn this situation around, especially by programming to a niche audience and with B.E.T. as its competition.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 08:33:52 PM by chris319 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »
"So Arsenio, what's this I hear about you doing another talk show?"

"I'm Byron."

*deafening, thundering silence*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 09:07:04 PM by chris319 »

GS Warehouse

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2005, 11:35:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:43 PM\']"Yo! Will Smith! My man!"

"Hey, weren't you on "That's Incredible?""

"No, man. "Real People.""

"Oh, yeah. Hey, do you still talk to that kid who was in "A Christmas Story?" I love that movie!"

"No, not really."

<uncomfortable silence>
[snapback]81068[/snapback]
[/quote]
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 04:19 PM\']"Our special guest today was on 'Real People' with me, and also hosted a few game shows. He now is a successful college basketball announcer for CBS, please welcome Bill Rafferty!"

"Hi, Byron. Actually, that's not me, that's Bill RAFTERY"

*More uncomfortable silence*
[snapback]81075[/snapback]
[/quote]
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 08:06 PM\']"So Arsenio, what's this I hear about you doing another talk show?"

"I'm Byron."

*deafening, thundering silence*
[snapback]81110[/snapback]
[/quote]
This is why almost all talk shows are taped.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 11:36:25 PM by GS Warehouse »