Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve's latest column...  (Read 9155 times)

zachhoran

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2003, 07:42:48 PM »
I think Peter Marshall deserves to come back if none of the rest of last year's crowd returns. Throw Davidson in and you have all three Squares hosts on the same stage(Bowzer doesn't need to be there).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Steve's latest column...
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2003, 07:45:46 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 04:42 PM\'] (Bowzer doesn't need to be there). [/quote]
 I love all of the ragging Jon Bauman takes around here, especially considering that he at least knew the rules to his own show, unlike Davidson.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2003, 07:47:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 06:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 04:42 PM\'] (Bowzer doesn't need to be there). [/quote]
I love all of the ragging Jon Bauman takes around here, especially considering that he at least knew the rules to his own show, unlike Davidson. [/quote]
Hey, if they get him, everyone will get a free concert. [But there'll be no beer cans this time. :)]

ChuckNet

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2003, 11:55:12 AM »
I love all of the ragging Jon Bauman takes around here, especially considering that he at least knew the rules to his own show, unlike Davidson.

Yeah...while I would've enjoyed seeing Peter Marshall do the HS segment as orig planned, Bauman wasn't THAT bad.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ChuckNet

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2003, 11:56:57 AM »
I had the pleasure of sitting with Mrs. Kennedy (Not Jackie. Damn, what's her name? Dot?) at a Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters lunch while Tom was up on the dais for a game show tribute a few years back.

It's Betty, as per colleague David Hammett's 1996 phone interview w/Tom.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

BrandonFG

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2003, 11:58:23 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 10:55 AM\'] Yeah...while I would've enjoyed seeing Peter Marshall do the HS segment as orig planned, Bauman wasn't THAT bad.
 [/quote]
 He wasn't bad, but he seemed very awkward in the position, stumbled a bit...the ep. I saw was from the 2nd week of MG/HS, so of course he was still settling in.  He probably would've found his place had MG/HS been a regular show, and not filler.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PeterMarshallFan

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2003, 12:25:07 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 11:58 AM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 10:55 AM\'] Yeah...while I would've enjoyed seeing Peter Marshall do the HS segment as orig planned, Bauman wasn't THAT bad.
 [/quote]
He wasn't bad, but he seemed very awkward in the position, stumbled a bit...the ep. I saw was from the 2nd week of MG/HS, so of course he was still settling in.  He probably would've found his place had MG/HS been a regular show, and not filler. [/quote]
 I agree. He did seem to settle in nicely towards the end.

Don Howard

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2003, 10:02:43 AM »
And what's with the picture of Mr. Professor sitting in his car?

Count your blessings. At least it's not a screen grab of Stosh doing his woman.

clemon79

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2003, 11:30:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 07:02 AM\'] And what's with the picture of Mr. Professor sitting in his car?

Count your blessings. At least it's not a screen grab of Stosh doing his woman. [/quote]
 Visions of a certain scene in Office Space featuring Bill Lumbergh just went through my head.

I WAS gonna have breakfast. Anyone want an apple fritter?

dzinkin

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2003, 01:46:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 11:30 AM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 07:02 AM\'] And what's with the picture of Mr. Professor sitting in his car?

Count your blessings. At least it's not a screen grab of Stosh doing his woman. [/quote]
Visions of a certain scene in Office Space featuring Bill Lumbergh just went through my head.

I WAS gonna have breakfast. Anyone want an apple fritter? [/quote]
 Memo to self: that Office Space DVD has been sitting around long enough.  Time to go watch it. :-D

clemon79

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2003, 02:05:02 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 10:46 AM\'] Memo to self: that Office Space DVD has been sitting around long enough.  Time to go watch it. :-D [/quote]
 Once you do, you'll wanna go buy one of these:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/61b7/

\"...set the building on fire...\"

Timsterino

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2003, 02:32:29 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 01:46 PM\'] Memo to self: that Office Space DVD has been sitting around long enough.  Time to go watch it. :-D [/quote]
 I absolutely love that movie. When it came out I never related to a film so much. LOL!

Tim :-)