Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve's latest column...  (Read 9185 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Steve's latest column...
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2003, 07:12:53 PM »
That's why they chose Ashton Kutcher...he has that inbred look that only older women could go for.
Now there's an idea for a spinoff: \"That Inbred Show\".

Jim

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2003, 01:13:46 PM »
Well, years ago, all the Sunday news shows did had 3 or 4  correspondents sitting behind long tables in front of micropones a la TTTT 7X or WML 7X

>how much longer until Face The Nation starts being referred to as > one?

Don Howard

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2003, 03:43:24 PM »
I can't remember the last time one of Stosh Beverly's columns was about game shows. Lately, they all seem to be The Obituary Of The Week.

ChuckNet

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2003, 01:50:58 PM »
Matt, you're lucky you grew up in Tennessee rather than, say, Lansing MI. They didn't have very many daytime game shows on TV there in Lansing until 1972.

Must be a midwest thing, as anyone who's seen David Johnson's page can tell you. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Adam Nedeff

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2003, 12:28:48 AM »
I can sort of understand Steve's perspective here. It used to enrage me a few years ago when I went to pro wrestling events and fans there hadn't heard of Ken Patera, Don Muraco, or Jimmy Snuka, until I realized that I mainly knew them because I had been watching wrestling a tad longer than they have and probably spend more time watching old videos to boot.

And referring specifically to Steve's complaint that 25-and-under fans don't appreciate Hope, well, frankly, a lot of our parents had us in bed by the time Hope's latest special was starting, and given he was only on four or five times a year, we didn't have a lot of chances to see him. It's much harder for us to feel a sense of loss for someone we weren't ABLE to see much of during our lives, even pop-culture afficienados who DO appreciate Bob's impact.

tvrandywest

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2003, 01:33:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Aug 1 2003, 12:10 PM\'] BTW, the pic of Steve in the car was taken on the set of "Hollywood Squares" during Game Show Week. [/quote]
 And you think this because.... ?

While oodles of gamefans were at the taping, Steve was not even in town for the first Game Show Host week on HS.

And yes, I said \"first\" because another game show host week is planned this season. Some old, some new faces.    ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2003, 01:52:01 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 12:33 AM\'] [quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Aug 1 2003, 12:10 PM\'] While oodles of gamefans were at the taping, Steve was not even in town for the first Game Show Host week on HS.

And yes, I said "first" because another game show host week is planned this season. Some old, some new faces.    ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Wow, Randy! Thanks for this tidbit. Do they have any idea when the taping for this will take place? Last year's Game Show week was great. Thanks for the heads up, Randy.

Tim :-)

tvrandywest

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2003, 02:03:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 12:52 AM\'] Wow, Randy! Thanks for this tidbit. Do they have any idea when the taping for this will take place? Last year's Game Show week was great. Thanks for the heads up, Randy.

Tim :-) [/quote]
Why not ask the guy who thinks SB was there last time?     ;-P

From what I hear it's still in the planning stages and wouldn't tape until later in the season. But I think it will happen. Not much more for me to say yet... certainly if the show hasn't announced it! I'll post what I can, when I can. I'm also looking forward to it!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 02:17:49 AM by tvrandywest »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Steve's latest column...
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2003, 02:59:38 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 3 2003, 11:03 PM\'] Why not ask the guy who thinks SB was there last time?     ;-P

From what I hear it's still in the planning stages and wouldn't tape until later in the season. But I think it will happen. Not much more for me to say yet... certainly if the show hasn't announced it! I'll post what I can, when I can. I'm also looking forward to it!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Now, hold on. I know you were half-joking, but this is a special circumstance. I've known Robair for many years, and he is not one to speak ex-rectum. Ever. If he thought Beverly was present at that taping, I would have to think that he had a good reason to think that to be the case. Let's give him a chance to explain where he got that information from before pulling the trapdoor, 'kay?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

inturnaround

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2003, 03:21:16 PM »
Re:Bob Hope

I am 26 years old. My most vivid memories of Bob Hope are as \"legend\" Bob Hope. He would show up on NBC a few times a year, tell bad jokes about Boy George and Ronald Reagan and then trot out football players for more lame jokes.

It's sad to say, but he displayed none of what made him great. He wasn't a quick-wit anymore. He was overscripted and every thing that came from his mouth was an overcooked punchline.

Now, I've seen Hope/Crosby and I know the genius that was Hope. He entertained the troops and made them laugh and made them whoop and holler for whatever starlet he brought out for them. But the Bob Hope of Generations X and Y is not the Bob Hope of the ages. The Bob Hope that will endure is the Bob Hope of the radio and early television. This Hope, I argue, is the one we should remember, but is not the one that existed for the younger set.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tvrandywest

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2003, 03:51:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 01:59 AM\']I've known Robair for many years, and he is not one to speak ex-rectum. Ever. If he thought Beverly was present at that taping, I would have to think that he had a good reason to think that to be the case. Let's give him a chance to explain where he got that information from before pulling the trapdoor, 'kay?[/quote]
'Kay!

Love that \"ex-rectum\"  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 03:52:25 PM by tvrandywest »

cmjb13

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2003, 06:07:50 PM »
I don't think that H2 having another game show week is big news. It was reported shortly after the original on the H2 message board that since the previous one was so successful, they would more than likely do another one. Then again, nobody really reads the H2 message board, so....

The place was very crowded compared to a previous visit.

I did not see Mr. Beverly there last year. I did see Bob Boden, Caleb, and Lawrence the itern from TPIR. That was about it.

I did not see Mr. West.

If I knew what he had looked like at the time, I would have introduced myself.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 06:18:10 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2003, 06:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 05:07 PM\'] I don't think that H2 having another game show week is big news. It was reported shortly after the original on the H2 message board that since the previous one was so successful, they would more than likely do another one. Then again, nobody really reads the H2 message board, so....

The place was very crowded compared to a previous visit.

I did not see Mr. Beverly there last year. I did see Bob Boden, Caleb, and Lawrence the itern from TPIR. That was about it.

I did not see Mr. West.

If I knew what he had looked like at the time, I would have introduced myself. [/quote]
 I've heard that my bastard half-brother John Davidson may be the retro host this time....be afraid.

And don't take anything I just said seriously. :)

cmjb13

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2003, 06:49:19 PM »
His name has been thrown around on the H2 board.

I personally would love to meet Tom Kennedy.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

Steve's latest column...
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2003, 07:27:37 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 05:49 PM\'] I personally would love to meet Tom Kennedy. [/quote]
Great choice!

Tom seems the happiest and mellowest of all of the earlier generation of hosts. He's got nothing to prove to himself or to you. Tom and his wife seem very content to live the quiet life in their 2 story home right on the beach up the coast from LA in Ventura County.

I had the pleasure of sitting with Mrs. Kennedy (Not Jackie. Damn, what's her name? Dot?) at a Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters lunch while Tom was up on the dais for a game show tribute a few years back. She just loved to laugh, and we had a great time. And as Tom's career goes way back, he's got great stories

I guess \"Wordplay\" was Tom's last show; I did some work with producer Peter Berlin when they were prepping that show for air. It was my first entree to the show's Exec. Producer on his maiden game show effort - Syd Vinnedge!  Small world   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 07:28:39 PM by tvrandywest »