Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best and worst sketch comedy parodies...  (Read 13228 times)

wschmrdr

Best and worst sketch comedy parodies...
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »
"WHO ARE THE AD WIZARDS WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE?!" That was definitely a funny one, Stand up and Win.

Another I thought was weird and mean was "Who wants to Eat?", where the grand prize was a goat.

DrBear

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 05:33:33 PM »
And although it wasn't directly a game show parody, a "changing channels" game on Whose Line? with the assigned topic of "chickens" and Colin Mochrie given "Game Show Network" as his channel.

"WHEEL! OF! POULTRY!"

and

"I'm sorry, that's Cluck Gobble, Cluck Gobble is the correct answer..."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

ChuckNet

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 09:39:30 PM »
What about East Hollywood Squares on MADtv with Peter Marshall? I thought that was pretty good.

Actually, EHS was featured on In Living Color, although Marshall did appear in an early MadTV GS parody, First To a Million.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

irismason42

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 09:48:46 PM »
I remember 1 Game Show sketch from the Season 3 All That that featured Kenan Thompson as the host for Family vs. Family and another game show sketch I saw from Season 3 was You Can't Win where Josh Server played a host. But what was the name of the character that Kenan played on Family vs. Family sketch?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 09:57:52 PM »
I don't remember, but I remember that sketch was really funny. Lump answers "Jupiter" to every question, and then when the question calls for the answer "Jupiter," he stays silent.

daveromanjr

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 10:29:28 PM »
I love Jackie Rodgers Jr $100,000 Jackpot Wad.  I'll have to dig out my tape of that.  Its one of the best.

One of MadTV's PiR parodies with all sexual inuendo's was great.  "Welcome to contestants row, Anita Long Hairy... " well you get the point.  

I also like "Clara Turly's Bible Challenge"  There is just a short clip of it on the SNL special but it has Norm McDonald and 2 church geniuses.  The host (a soft spoken lady) would read a question, then state the answer.  She then asked each contestant if they knew that.  Both the church geniuses said "no" and Norm just rang a bell (he was smoking and eating a Big Mac) and with food in his mouth "Yeah i knew that" and he stays the big winner.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2005, 12:01:59 AM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:29 PM\']One of MadTV's PiR parodies with all sexual inuendo's was great.  "Welcome to contestants row, Anita Long Hairy... " well you get the point. 

I also like "Clara Turly's Bible Challenge"  There is just a short clip of it on the SNL special but it has Norm McDonald and 2 church geniuses.  The host (a soft spoken lady) would read a question, then state the answer.  She then asked each contestant if they knew that.  Both the church geniuses said "no" and Norm just rang a bell (he was smoking and eating a Big Mac) and with food in his mouth "Yeah i knew that" and he stays the big winner.
[snapback]76808[/snapback]
[/quote]
The character Norm did in "Bible Challenge" was Stan Hooper, who would be the basis of his short-lived Fox comedy "A Minute with Stan Hooper."

But one good PIR parody was SNL's "Sabra Price is Right" from 1992 with Tom Hanks (it was probably the only TPIR skit SNL has done). It was much funnier than the MadTV one.

Jonathan Allen

dale_grass

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 08:35:42 AM »
Based on my set, you are missing the 2/8/01 installment. Here are the specs:

Players: Horatio Sanz as Ozzy Osbourne, Ana Gasteyer as Martha Stewart, and Darryl Hammond as (Evil) Sean Connery

Categories: Potent Potables, Drummers Named Ringo, States That Begin With "Californ", Richard Nixon, The Number After 2, Famous Kareem Abdul-Jabbars, and Don't Do Anything.

Best line: "This Ringo was the "Starr" drummer for the Beatles."
<Connery rings in>: "Craven Moorehead."
Trebek: "Who is Craven Moorehead?"
Connery: "Apparently you are! HA HA HA HA!!!!"

(Contact me off-board if you don't have this, we'll get ya a Gmail account if you don't already have one and I'll send it to ya.)

That's right!  I put it on CD last spring when I upgraded my harddrive and must have forgotten to put it back on.  It's on there now (thanks for the offer in any case).

Alex: The answer is "Don't do anything."  Don't ring your buzzer, just remain motionless and you all win.
(Ozzy rings in)
Alex: Mr. Osbourne, you just lost.  Well, at least the two other contestants...
(Martha rings in)
Why did you ring your buzzer?
Martha: Because that sound reminds me of a yellow-throated New England warbler.
Alex: Well, congratulations Mr. Connery, you were...
(Sean rings in)
Why did you do that?
Sean: Because I hate you, Trebek!

DrBear

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2005, 01:30:41 PM »
While I'm thinking of it, two from Animaniacs:

1. The Warners play "Quiz Me Quick!" but lose the big prize when Wakko deciphers the rebus as "Isaac Netwweight."
(Of course, the three also played Jeopardy in the classroom where Yakko sings all 50 state capitals, but is DQ'd for not answering in the form of a question).

2. Pinky and the Brain get on Gyp-Parody where The Brain sweeps all of the questions ("What is a Regis Philbin?") to earn money for his latest world domination scheme but blows Final Gyp-Parody when he can't remember the catch phrase from Pinky's favorite TV show.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

mclemore63

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2005, 06:32:55 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 12:01 AM\'][quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:29 PM\']One of MadTV's PiR parodies with all sexual inuendo's was great.  "Welcome to contestants row, Anita Long Hairy... " well you get the point. 

I also like "Clara Turly's Bible Challenge"  There is just a short clip of it on the SNL special but it has Norm McDonald and 2 church geniuses.  The host (a soft spoken lady) would read a question, then state the answer.  She then asked each contestant if they knew that.  Both the church geniuses said "no" and Norm just rang a bell (he was smoking and eating a Big Mac) and with food in his mouth "Yeah i knew that" and he stays the big winner.
[snapback]76808[/snapback]
[/quote]
The character Norm did in "Bible Challenge" was Stan Hooper, who would be the basis of his short-lived Fox comedy "A Minute with Stan Hooper."

But one good PIR parody was SNL's "Sabra Price is Right" from 1992 with Tom Hanks (it was probably the only TPIR skit SNL has done). It was much funnier than the MadTV one.

Jonathan Allen
[snapback]76818[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quentin Tarentito played one of the experts on "Bible Challenge". And that "Sabra TPIR" bit ...deesko,Deesko!

I remember the East German HS spoof,"Die Squaren Ost Berlin", where half the celebs were didn't appear ("Ziggy has defected") and Billy Joel as a glockenspiel player.

Worst sketch ever?"Where In The World IS San Diego California?"

Travis D. McLemore,Jr.
"I think I'm in a deli...I'm on a roll!"
Mr. Baggy Pants,"Remote Control"

johnnya2k3

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2005, 07:18:29 PM »
[quote name=\'mclemore63\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 03:32 PM\']Worst sketch ever?"Where In The World IS San Diego California?"
[/quote]
Or any GSN skit (Brain Busters, Super Buzzers, Do You Know Who My Father Is?) as well as "Who Wants to Eat?".

But since "Coneheads on Family Feud" was mentioned, what about SNL's other two "Feud" bits?

Jonathan Allen
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 07:19:05 PM by johnnya2k3 »

daveromanjr

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 09:45:56 PM »
On the subject of this...

I have a vague memory of Michael Keaton hosting SNL and doing a skit which was called "The Price Better Be Right".  Michael hosted and they featured broken items and merchandise returned to the store.  I seem to remember them making the contestants bid on a broken phone.  I also remember an announcer called contestants names out and saying, for example...
"[announcer name] get off your ass and find us another contestant!"
"(Siiiiiiiiiigh) FINE!  Um, DAVID ROMAN you're the next contestant!""
THe camera quickly finds the contestant and they are quickly moving towards the stage.  Then you hear the announcer again
"DAMNIT Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!"

Don Howard

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 11:24:46 PM »
I enjoyed What's Your Perversion? starring Jack Barry and featuring panelists Regis Philbin and Robert Q. Lewis in the Woody Allen movie Everything You've Always Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 11:25:40 PM by Don Howard »

Jay Temple

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 11:29:44 PM »
Ditto to that, Don.  No one's mentioned In Living Color's Pyramid sketch with the Brothers Brothers.

I liked Stand Up and Win, but there was a funnier one with comedians:  Comedy Killers, where all the material was about things that will kill any comedy sketch.  Final clue:  This is the greatest comedy killer of all time.  (Answer:  the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

whammy5000

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2005, 02:46:36 AM »
The best: Mad TV's first TPiR spoof.  Hilarious!
The worst: Mad TV's most recent TPiR spoof.  Blasphemy!