Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VH1 Game Show special in the works?  (Read 2389 times)

GS Warehouse

VH1 Game Show special in the works?
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:44:30 AM »
I received this e-mail yesterday (2/28) at 3:31 pm ET:
Mike,

I am the Executive Producer of a VH1 show about Game Shows. What I am looking for are any funny moments that you can remember that happened on Blockbusters and what episodes if you know.    You can email me at tbfl2ca13@aol.com.  Thanks.

Todd
Yes, we all know my name is not Mike, but I take it he's seen my ep guide.  Can anyone verify the legitimacy of this message?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 10:45:06 AM by GS Warehouse »

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 01:13:23 PM »
[quote name=\'asertv\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 08:52 AM\']Yes, he is in charge of those shows.  They are currently in production.
[snapback]76597[/snapback]
[/quote]
Within minutes I got an IM and an e-mail from collectors who wanted to know if I knew anything about this VH-1 show. Yes, it's real. And so is "asertv". Welcome!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 10:05:09 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 08:11:17 PM »
FWIW, one funny moment I remember from "Blockbusters" was an episode in which Bill Cullen mentioned the wrong airport that Charles Lindburgh landed at in Europe.

During the break they realized the mistake, and coming out of commercial like only Cullen could,  Bill was apologizing by saying something to the effect that people were jamming local NBC affiliate switchboards & the letters were pouring in about the mistake -- all this in 10 minutes!

I don't know of any other emcee that could lay it on as thick as Bill did.

dazztardly

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 05:20:17 PM »
I do remember one episode with Leland Yung as solo champion, where a lightbulb went out on the gameboard. Instead of stopping tape or going to a commercial, they decided to continue on with the game...

Quote source: gameshowutopia.com
Bill: Oh, you see what's happened? A bulb has burned out on our board. That hexagon is supposed to be red, so you folks at home, if you have any red crayons, get them out and fill in that black space on your screen, and if you don't have crayons, kids, get Mommy's lipstick or Mommy's nail polish.

(After the round) Okay, now the round is over and they're fixing the board and you folks at home see a red blob on me from where you used Mommy's nail polish, so we'll take a commercial while you rub it off with Daddy's wristwatch.

-Dan

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 06:10:46 PM »
Knowing what viewers want these days, they could do a montage of "I'll take a P, please," and cut to Tom K. on P+, saying "Not on this show you won't!"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.