Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Couples Millionaire  (Read 3507 times)

TheGameShowGuy

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 11:48:30 AM »
I happened to be in the audience for a taping of a later show (to be seen in July). One of the relationship seat people was the spouse of a contestant... They were both contestants-in-waiting for Couples Week (and were told they were in the pool to come back as singles when they weren't used.) The husband said that they were disappointed as they truly wanted to go on together. He said the true AGONY was waiting in the green room as couple after couple stretched out their run. (I think he said they received a set of china as time ran out before  several couples had a chance to play.) All regular contestants in holding  know they'll be on sooner or later... but with specialty weeks, it's back to the pool- at best!

uncamark

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 04:46:10 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 06:40 PM\']What I always hated was that both players had to say "final answer" before the answer was locked in. This meant that even after saying "final answer," you could change it.
[snapback]74765[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nothing different than Groucho saying "one answer between you"--they want the pair to agree on their answer before pulling the trigger.

(Of course, it's been pointed out that if Groucho heard one member of the couple giving the correct answer while conferring, he'd say "RIGHT!" before the couple could actually confirm--but Groucho did like giving away DeSoto and NBC's money.)

starcade

Couples Millionaire
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 11:04:34 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 11 2005, 04:46 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 10 2005, 06:40 PM\']What I always hated was that both players had to say "final answer" before the answer was locked in. This meant that even after saying "final answer," you could change it.
[snapback]74765[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nothing different than Groucho saying "one answer between you"--they want the pair to agree on their answer before pulling the trigger.

(Of course, it's been pointed out that if Groucho heard one member of the couple giving the correct answer while conferring, he'd say "RIGHT!" before the couple could actually confirm--but Groucho did like giving away DeSoto and NBC's money.)
[snapback]74824[/snapback]
[/quote]

That once happened to me on the 5th and final question on "Whad'ya Know?"  (NPR) I was the phone qualifier, and it was a question on a farm visit Mikhail Gorbachev made, and Gorbachev was the answer...

Basically, I had remembered that Gorbachev had visited a farm somewhere in Minnesota, and when I said Gorbachev out loud, thinking to myself, they ruled me correct.

Prizes:  A Joe Boxer pajama set and a CD.  :)