Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line? Live Show Returns  (Read 21477 times)

jdhernandez

What's My Line? Live Show Returns
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2005, 09:27:35 PM »
Whoot, whoot! I'll be there....anybody else plan on going? =)
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

jdhernandez

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 01:46:46 PM »
...for those wondering...

let's say the Mystery Guest is salaried. :p Let's begin the general questioning. ;-D

Here's a Snoop Dizzle-ish hint: Huge-a** hubcaps. =D

and BTW, Chris, there IS a new sponsor now. :-p (Which I don't know if I can say here...would it violate the ToS? hehe)

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 02:55:51 PM »
While Jason is trying to see how many different emoticons he can stuff into a single message, anybody who wants to know the identity of Wednesday's Mystery Guest can just go to J Keith's website:  http://www.jkeith.net/

Definitely game show pedigree.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 02:56:29 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jdhernandez

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »
Here's another emoticon for ya....

:-p

:-)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2005, 03:26:06 PM »
How about a review, Jason?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2005, 03:30:29 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 04:20 PM\']Here's another emoticon for ya....

:-p

:-)

[/quote]

OK, technically, that's two...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »
I just hope Jason Kravits was better at "WML?" last night than he was at "IGAS" in the Oxygen remake.

J. Keith

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2005, 02:15:57 AM »
Thanks to the board members who came to the show last week. I think you saw a good one.  Spread the word.

Here's the tip on next week's show (the season finale)... one of the guests appeared on WML on TV!  He'll be appearing with the exact same occupation and we'll discuss his experience of being on the TV show.

Come see!

thanks,
jkvs
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 02:17:22 AM by J. Keith »

jdhernandez

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2005, 04:11:53 AM »
A review....well....there isn't much more to review than I already did during the season opener. I will simply add a few things, call it a supplemental review, if you will. =) (one.)

The new sponsor that was used on the show was quite hilarious; it's for a "news site" called : poopycaca.com  Yes, you read that right.....poopy...caca...dot com. I absolutely love those live commercials!

I will also go with a couple others and say that the piano DOES need to be turned down a notch or three. It seemed a lot louder this week. But overall, still great playing.

The clearing of the board is STILL magic. :-D (Two.)

Since I could see a lot clearer now, I noticed that Nicole Sullivan drank pretty much all of her wine by the time the show was over! Oh, she came in with a pretty full glass of wine at the start of the show, and by the time the mystery guest (who we all know by now, si?) showed up, it was pretty much gone. She did play the game quite well, although as the alcohol was consumed, her guessing went awry. Loved seeing her play the game, though!

Elaine Hendrix was an excellent panelist, asked some great questions, got down to things pretty well...I think she should come back as a semi-regular or regular panelist in the next run of shows, she knows how to play the game and play it well. Overall, the panel did a good job of narrowing it down, and guessed two of the occupations before the "10" was showing on the flippy cards. Nicely done, panel!

J. Keith, Dixie was a hoot!

I always found this funny on the classic show, but I'd like to see a mystery guest segment with two stars; perferably one male and one female, that way they can confuzzle the panel. :-p (Three.)

The question marks are teh awesomeness, that is all.

Well....that was an extensive supplemental review, dontcha think? :-) (Four.)

If I don't show up next week, I'll make it a point to come watch for the next season of shows!

Your welcome, sir,
JDH :-) (Six.)

jdhernandez

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2005, 04:47:33 AM »
So yeah, finale....great show, very packed house!

All of the panelists seemed to do quite well, especially Teresa Strasser. She had a nice string of about 9 or 10 correct answers in a row, prompting her to have an "OMG, I can't believe I'm doing THIS well" moment. :-) She damn nearly got the line by herself!

I see that someone probably read my last post and found a male/female tandem that makes a VERY good vodka...erm....not...that..I would....um....know.....is this on....? :-p

It was just very loose tonight, and I must say....that was the funniest live commercial in a while!

Ya know, call me crazy (I know some of you already do...), but I think it'd be nice to perhaps see this kind of production/show going on at the next GSC, which would be GSC4? Honestly, everyone involved in the show does a fantastic job, and I know a lot of people that read this forum and thread from around the country would love to see a show of this type, and what better than to have it during the GSC when many of these people from around the country are in one place, si? I thought about starting another thread about this, but I'm too lazy, it's too late in the night. Ideas/thoughts? Seriously, guys, I think it'd be a hoot!

Oh yeah, the vodka was good, too....

EDIT...PS: Oh yeah, the mystery guest was Brett Butler, not the LA Dodgers player in the early to mid-90s. :-p
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 04:48:42 AM by jdhernandez »

cmjb13

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2005, 10:22:34 AM »
Caught last night's show. Went in with an open mind since I'm not a huge fan of panel shows.

Fun way to spend an hour.

A few suggestions:

1. Have the mystery guests mic'd or make them speak up. I could barely hear Hector Elizondo.

2. Slow down when talking. I think some things went over people's heads. I think it would be beneficial to relax so the converstation flows smoothly.

3. Either reduce the lighting or increase the AC.  I noticed J. Keith was wiping his brow a few time. Don't want to see a host in a soaking wet suit.

I love those chairs.

There were 3 video cameras taping the show. Is this for self-evaluation purposes?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

J. Keith

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2005, 06:57:59 PM »
Thanks for making it to the show and glad you enjoyed it.  Forgot to post here... We're back!  New shows every Wednesday through July!

Agree with all 3 points and are working on them.  Well-observed!

Yes we tape for our own archival purposes.  We hope to someday have a demo video, possibly to post online. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

jkvs

P.S.  On my road trip during our hiatus, I made a pilgrimmage to Truth Or Consequences, NM.  Tried to make it to What's My Line, AZ but didn't have time.

[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 5 2005, 06:22 AM\']Caught last night's show. Went in with an open mind since I'm not a huge fan of panel shows.

Fun way to spend an hour.

A few suggestions:

1. Have the mystery guests mic'd or make them speak up. I could barely hear Hector Elizondo.

2. Slow down when talking. I think some things went over people's heads. I think it would be beneficial to relax so the converstation flows smoothly.

3. Either reduce the lighting or increase the AC.  I noticed J. Keith was wiping his brow a few time. Don't want to see a host in a soaking wet suit.

I love those chairs.

There were 3 video cameras taping the show. Is this for self-evaluation purposes?
[snapback]84475[/snapback]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 06:59:14 PM by J. Keith »

cmjb13

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2005, 09:14:35 PM »
Also forgot to make sure your laces are tied. Don't want to trip...

And I didn't get a toy :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:19:27 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

J. Keith

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2005, 07:45:48 PM »
Heads up for the Forum folks... A guest who appeared on the original "What's My Line?" in the 1950s (1954, I think) will be on our live show with the same occupation on Wednesday, May 25th.  History galore!

Also... Robert Mandan, who appeared several times on Pyramid and Chain Reaction is on the panel on May 18 and will tell stories of his game show experience.

Hope to see you there,
jkvs
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 03:28:45 PM by J. Keith »

J. Keith

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2005, 05:41:43 PM »
Hi All,

Big big star as this week's mystery guest, plus game show host Graham Elwood (Cram, Strip Poker) on the panel.

Come, willya!?

thanks

jkvs