Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel changes for SYndie Season 21  (Read 8078 times)

zachhoran

Wheel changes for SYndie Season 21
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2003, 07:54:42 PM »
Dean, the Food and Drink did category did exist, but on Jeopardy! and not WOF. WOF never had a food-related category prior to the coming season(though a large chunk of the puzzles back when they had a Foreign Word/Foreign Phrase category in the early 90s may well have been food related)

whampyl03

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2003, 08:43:09 PM »
Sounds like some great changes for season 21.

cmjb13

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 01:07:38 PM »
Wheel's connection to CBS also includes editing shows there.

Vanna also gets her wardrobe from there.

Makes you wonder why they moved out of CBS in the first place.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2003, 01:14:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 26 2003, 04:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 26 2003, 01:03 PM\'] video wall. [/quote]
You went to a taping for next season? [/quote]
 oh, i thought he meant in the past.

Gus

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 02:43:26 AM »
Jumping back onto the subject of the new set:

Somehow, Randy's excellent description of the new set made it sound to me like this is going to be a fixed set that they'll use every week. I mean this in the sense that now, only the wheel, two video walls, and puzzle board are the only permanent set pieces, and the side decorations and backdrop colors change every week with the theme; and that all the backdrops and decorations and whatnot are permanent on the new set. Is this accurate, or am I reading too much into the description?

Also, Randy mentioned contestant podiums. Is this actually a change to Jeopardy-esque lecterns, or is it just a revamped version of the smooth padded railing they've been using? (And while I'm on a roll, was it really padded, or was it just the way it looked?)

And I'll assume the puzzle board is still touch-activated; am I right? ;-)

Lots of questions in one post, I know, but I'm just an inquisitive guy. ^_^

tvrandywest

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2003, 03:01:44 AM »
For clarification...

The set pieces with electronics and lighting were being built at the CBS shop. Other set changes are possible as well, but less intricate set elements (green screen walls, curtains, miscellaneous decorative pieces, etc.) would be built, rented or purchased at other kinds of places. There's no telling how they might accessorize the new set.

Yes, they are keeping the style of podium the players use now - integrated into the wheel set piece. Yes, the present set does feature padding at the contestant locations. It's just a little stuffing covered by an artificial leather-type material. The biggest surprise about the present set is how very loud the motor is when it is on and spinning the wheel for the beauty shots.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 03:37:00 AM »
Lots of questions in one post, I know, but I'm just an inquisitive guy. ^_^

Hey, watch it buddy. :-)

I like the fact that the CBS shop is contributing to Wheel's continued success. It brings an interesting question.

Since Columbia-Tristar/Sony owns the rights to Wheel, does that effectively mean that the invitation to return to CBS TV City - if, of course, one were to exist - is closed?

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 03:37:27 AM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 09:41:28 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 30 2003, 02:01 AM\'] Yes, the present set does feature padding at the contestant locations. It's just a little stuffing covered by an artificial leather-type material. [/quote]
 Hmm...isn't it similar to the padded cushions you sometimes see on (sigh)......\"commode\" seats?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bricon

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 10:49:57 AM »
Since Columbia-Tristar/Sony owns the rights to Wheel, does that effectively mean that the invitation to return to CBS TV City - if, of course, one were to exist - is closed?

Where a show is taped is generally dependent on the deal a production can make with a studio facility.   One big difference with taping at Sony is that they have a more dedicated stage than at CBS - the set is struck way less at Sony than at CBS.  I believe (please someone correct me) that the only times Wheel has been struck at Sony in recent years was to do Hollywood Showdown, and the first cycle of Russian Roulette.  And in both cases Wheel was done taping for the season.

HSquares2003

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2003, 10:05:26 PM »
Are they keeping the \"Mystery Wedge\"? And one thing I have missed for years now was the \"Suprise\" space. It could have been anything from a TV to a car. Made for an interesting twist to the game, just like the Mystery Wedge does.

tvrandywest

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2003, 10:42:42 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 09:05 PM\'] Are they keeping the \"Mystery Wedge\"? [/quote]
Don't know, but I'll never forget the \"mystery wedgie\" I got in summer camp years ago  ;-)

I'm just passing along the good news that Charlie O sent me in an e-mail: He just signed for another four years on WOF. Cool! Charlie is a great guy, and does a great job on the show!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 10:44:08 PM by tvrandywest »

HSquares2003

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2003, 10:44:44 PM »
You can tell in that one interview on the WOF CD-rom that Charlie O. is cool as heck!

Anyways, don't forget WOF will be in NYC in Sept. taping for the Nov. sweeps.