Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel (1/10) JIP in Cincinnati  (Read 10528 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Wheel (1/10) JIP in Cincinnati
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 01:30:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'135545\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 12:26 PM\']
Are you kidding me? You bumped up a 2 year post for that ?

Kids, I beg of you, step outside, please! It will do you some good.
[/quote]
My thought exactly, but I think you gave the response he wanted.

Which was to respond at all.

/Ignoring can be fun.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »
We're dealing with a person who frequently used to post to ATGS such brilliant questions as "Can you tell me everything you know about (insert show here)?", and ask that people completely put 'netgames he was involved in on hold for everyone because he was going to be out of town and unable to participate.

Doug's right, he's not salvageable, and not worth the time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 01:42:45 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jamey Greek

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »
Y'all I am sorry if y'all don't like me going OT then fine.  I just thought I'd give that little tidbit of info.  I am ure y'all knew about it.  Plus, Jerry Springer has a connection to game shows.  He hosted the UK version of Greed.  I am sorry  I went off topic.  Geez!

clemon79

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 02:23:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' post=\'135550\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 10:47 AM\']
Geez!
[/quote]
Have you met Craig Karlberg, by any chance?

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 03:53:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' post=\'135550\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 01:47 PM\']
Y'all I am sorry if y'all don't like me going OT then fine.  I just thought I'd give that little tidbit of info.  I am ure y'all knew about it.  Plus, Jerry Springer has a connection to game shows.  He hosted the UK version of Greed.  I am sorry  I went off topic.  Geez!
[/quote]
It's not the fact that you went off-topic. It's just that it's a thread that was almost two years old, and you really didn't add anything major. That's all.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'135565\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 02:53 PM\']
I am ure y'all knew about it.[/quote]
It's not the fact that you went off-topic. It's just that it's a thread that was almost two years old, and you really didn't add anything major. That's all.
[/quote]
Not only that, but if we already knew about it--then why bring it up?

Doug
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dzinkin

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 11:52:59 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'135570\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 04:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'135565\' date=\'Oct 25 2006, 02:53 PM\']
I am ure y'all knew about it.[/quote]
[/quote]
Not only that, but if we already knew about it--then why bring it up?
[/quote]
For those without a medical background, the explanation is similar to the one Mr. Lemon provided for golden-road's posts: Mr. Greek wants to feel as though he's participating but realizes that he really doesn't have anything to contribute.  The difference is that instead of making up a question, Mr. Greek desperately searched through old threads until he found a post to which he could respond with something, even if his response happened to be completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

In clinical terms, it's the Greek mutation of the Igottapostigottapostigottapostitis virus (Igottapostigottapostigottapostitis G).  This is not to be confused with the Kleistian strain (Igottapostigottapostigottapostitis K), which incubates in bowling alleys and counts among its symptoms the posting of information that is incorrect as well as irrelevant.

(DISCLAIMER: I attended medical school for two years, but I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV. :-)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:08:15 AM by dzinkin »

SRIV94

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 10:14:25 AM »
And they said the "Ask Dr. Z" campaign was aborted.  :)

Doug
Doug

GS Warehouse

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »
This has never been much a problem here, but I have lurked at boards where bumping old posts is a bannable offense.  On one such board, anyone who bumps a thread that hasn't been posted in 30 days immediately gets kicked.

clemon79

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' post=\'135675\' date=\'Oct 26 2006, 11:07 AM\']
This has never been much a problem here, but I have lurked at boards where bumping old posts is a bannable offense.  On one such board, anyone who bumps a thread that hasn't been posted in 30 days immediately gets kicked.
[/quote]
Which is a completely awful idea. Bumping an old thread is not wrong at all...in fact, it would be nice if more people made an effort to find out if a topic they wish to discuss already has a thread for that discussion. I think the issue here is more with the Furby in question bumping what was already a pretty worthless ancient thread...to add nothing whatsoever useful to it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:41:19 PM by clemon79 »