Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line and The Better Sex  (Read 6156 times)

Jimmy Owen

What's My Line and The Better Sex
« on: January 10, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »
Interesting combo on GSN Sun nite/Mon Morning.  Color ep of WML with Jerry Orbach followed by an infomercial for "The Better Sex" video series.  I was excited even after I realized "The Better Sex" was not the Bill and Sarah game show but instead the title of a new series of instructional DVDs
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 07:33:42 PM »
And I thought an "infomercial" I caught one morning on GSN at 5:30 A.M. for a women's bra that had no shoulder straps or backstrap was outrageous!  (How did it work?  Well, if you could imagine gluing a couple of teacups to your chest with Super Glue…)

Seriously, I am aware of the Better Sex video series, as I've seen ads for it in USA Today.  But I'm afraid the very existance of this "suggested for mature adults only" package likely means that it will be very difficult for a syndicator to sell a revival of the Better Sex game show from years past.

Michael Brandenburg
(Maybe GSN should stick to "infomercials" for things like the Little Giant folding ladder -- with its giant-sized price tag compared to the similar ladder I bought from the Lowe's store in my area a while back.)

Winkfan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »
Interesting combo on GSN Sun nite/Mon Morning.  Color ep of WML with Jerry Orbach followed by an infomercial for "The Better Sex" video series.  I was excited even after I realized "The Better Sex" was not the Bill and Sarah game show but instead the title of a new series of instructional DVDs

Speaking of The Better Sex, (the game show, NOT the informercial!) this morning I was flipping to GSN thinking I'd see 'paid programming,' and instead saw THAT VERY SHOW being aired, it was followed by a bit of the first Double Dare (the 1977 CBS show). Unfortunately, they were in the middle of the second segment when GSN 'righted' itself by joining their 'paid programming' in progress. Afterwhich, it was business as usual beginning with Arsenio's Star Search.

First, I guess all those 'special airings' of a couple of classic shows during the overnight period in the last two weeks may have gotten to the GSN staff. Second, this was one time I was caught with my DVR down!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kathie Lee Johnson of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:45:43 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 07:28 PM\']

Speaking of The Better Sex, (the game show, NOT the informercial!) this morning I was flipping to GSN thinking I'd see 'paid programming,' and instead saw THAT VERY SHOW being aired, it was followed by a bit of the first Double Dare (the 1977 CBS show). Unfortunately, they were in the middle of the second segment when GSN 'righted' itself by joining their 'paid programming' in progress.

[snapback]71274[/snapback]
[/quote]

WHat episode of Better Sex did they show if you recall? Was it the finale on the trading circuit or one of the two episodes they aired some years back, or one previously unseen.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 12:48:57 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 07:41 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 07:28 PM\']

Speaking of The Better Sex, (the game show, NOT the informercial!) this morning I was flipping to GSN thinking I'd see 'paid programming,' and instead saw THAT VERY SHOW being aired, it was followed by a bit of the first Double Dare (the 1977 CBS show). Unfortunately, they were in the middle of the second segment when GSN 'righted' itself by joining their 'paid programming' in progress.

[/quote]

WHat episode of Better Sex did they show if you recall? Was it the finale on the trading circuit or one of the two episodes they aired some years back, or one previously unseen.
[snapback]71277[/snapback]
[/quote]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH!!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 07:43:07 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jan 15 2005, 12:48 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 07:41 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 14 2005, 07:28 PM\']

[/quote]

[snapback]71277[/snapback]
[/quote]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH!!!!
[snapback]71311[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tammy reported that they did indeed show TBS. She doesn't think it's one of the shows that is on the trading circuit. She saw the last eight or nine minutes of the show, and it ended with the ladies' team playing the bonus round.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 09:05:04 AM »
Maybe GSN didn't hit the record button on the DigiBeta before dubbing the informercials? :)  The preceding was in jest. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 01:57:35 PM »
If they had put them both on speedup, could we have spent a half-hour watching "What's My Sex?"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.