Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adlink sez: Goodbye to TNTS on 1/10/05  (Read 7638 times)

zachhoran

Adlink sez: Goodbye to TNTS on 1/10/05
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 06:30:27 PM »
[[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 02:33 PM\']
Screw that--I'm waiting for Celebrity Uno!

[snapback]68675[/snapback]
[/quote]

Does Stone-Stanley(or whatever they're known as now) still have the rights to do a TV version of Uno?

CaseyAbell

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 08:35:43 PM »
Henny Backus isn't a well-known enough name for GSN to disrupt their regular programming schedule to do a tribute week for.
But Jim Backus is a well-known enough name, and he would obviously be appearing with her. Anyway, the Adlink schedules, which appear to be updated for the following weeks, show Name's the Same returning. FWIW, the Zap2it schedule also shows Name's the Same returning after a one-week hiatus.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of either show, so it really doesn't make much difference to me. Tattletales was mostly bland celeb chitchat, not much of a game, mildly interesting at best. Name's the Same had a cute gimmick, but it got old and ran thin fast. I'd rather watch celeb blackjack any time. Hey, celeb uno doesn't look so bad by comparison.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 09:03:02 PM by CaseyAbell »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 09:26:07 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 07:35 PM\']
Henny Backus isn't a well-known enough name for GSN to disrupt their regular programming schedule to do a tribute week for.
But Jim Backus is a well-known enough name, and he would obviously be appearing with her.
[snapback]68719[/snapback]
[/quote]
You're missing the point.  If (heaven forbid) Jamie Farr's wife were to pass next week, does that justify GSN dusting off episodes of TT with the Farrs to show?

Imagine the conversation:

PROGRAMMER:  Hey, Chief.  I need a week of TATTLETALES episodes.
PRESIDENT:  For what?
PROGRAMMER:  Joy Farr, the wife of Jamie, just died.
PRESIDENT:  Sorry to hear that.  But why do you need the episodes?
PROGRAMMER:  Shouldn't we do a tribute?
PRESIDENT:  Most of America doesn't know who she is.  No one's going to care.  Sure it'd be a nice gesture, but are we going to get more viewers because we're doing this?
PROGRAMMER:  True, but most of America knows who Jamie Farr is.
PRESIDENT:  You want me to clear a week of TT episodes featuring Jamie Farr and Joy Farr as a tribute to Joy just because we all know Jamie Farr?  Johnson, are you crazy?  Next, you'll be telling me that we should pay tribute to the widow of Jim Backus--whatever her name was. . .

Then you start delving into doing tributes for Donald Ross (Patti Deutsch's husband), Alan Hamill (Suzanne Somers' husband), and so on.  At what point do you draw the line?

The point is--a tribute to the person who died should be to the person who died, not to the person who died who happened to have a spouse with a lot more notoriety.

Doug
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 09:27:36 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

CaseyAbell

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 09:32:33 PM »
Um, who cares? If GSN wants to put on a week of Tattletales, I don't care who they show. The Backuses seem like a possibility, but I honestly could not give a thin you-know-what about which celebs they pick. I don't care where they draw any damn line about the show.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 09:36:07 PM by CaseyAbell »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 10:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 07:32 PM\']Um, who cares? If GSN wants to put on a week of Tattletales, I don't care who they show. The Backuses seem like a possibility, but I honestly could not give a thin you-know-what about which celebs they pick. I don't care where they draw any damn line about the show.
[snapback]68724[/snapback]
[/quote]
Whoa, there, cowboy. You were the one to back up Tammy's wild-assed supposition regarding Henny Backus, and then argue the point when presented with an argument as to why that was a silly notion. So clearly YOU did, at least at one point.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2004, 10:51:52 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 06:30 PM\'][[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 02:33 PM\']
Screw that--I'm waiting for Celebrity Uno!

[snapback]68675[/snapback]
[/quote]

Does Stone-Stanley(or whatever they're known as now) still have the rights to do a TV version of Uno?
[snapback]68697[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, I own the rights.  Here's a promo:

Uno Promo (1.1 MB)

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 12:17:37 AM »
You were the one to back up Tammy's wild-assed supposition regarding Henny Backus, and then argue the point when presented with an argument as to why that was a silly notion. So clearly YOU did, at least at one point.
I said it was a possibility, and I said it would be a nice gesture. At the same time I said I wasn't a big fan of the show, so it's no big deal for me.

Still ain't a big deal for me. They can show any eps from Tattletales they want. I'm not taping, and I'm sure not staying up to watch. I also don't care if they put on Tattletales permanently instead of Name's the Same. Adlink and Zap2it say Name's the Same will return, but I've never taped or stayed up for that show, either.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 12:29:06 AM by CaseyAbell »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 12:51:49 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 09:32 PM\']Um, who cares? If GSN wants to put on a week of Tattletales, I don't care who they show. The Backuses seem like a possibility, but I honestly could not give a thin you-know-what about which celebs they pick. I don't care where they draw any damn line about the show.
[snapback]68724[/snapback]
[/quote]
Look. You're the one who gave us the reasoning; which appears now was abstract from the start and lacked a foundation.  Now you're trying to shoo us off because we tore your argument apart? Typical.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 01:16:27 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

CaseyAbell

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004, 02:02:44 AM »
Oh, once more...

I said it's a possibility that GSN might show Tattletales episodes with the Backuses - which obviously is a possibility because GSN might show any Tattletales ep - and that it would be a nice gesture in light of Henny Backus' recent death, which again is an obvious, even trite statement. So what's to tear apart? I don't even know that GSN will show ANY Tattletales episodes (Adlink has been known to be wrong) and I don't particularly care because I'm not a fan of the show and I'm not going to watch...which I've also said from the beginning. Yawn, yawn, yawn. If you want an argument on this "issue," you'll have to find somebody else.

BTW, last time I saw Name's the Same was several years ago when GSN put it on Sunday prime time. It's an okay show but the same-name gimmick ran out of gas pretty quick for me. Whether the show returns after the (possible) Tattletales eps is of just-about-zero concern to me.