Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Charles Ingram update  (Read 3224 times)

brianhenke

Charles Ingram update
« on: December 09, 2004, 08:14:24 AM »
Charles Ingram, the man who was convicted along with his wife and another man in conspiring to cheat their way to the top prize on the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in 2001, has declared bankruptcy in his home county, Wiltshire, it has been reported on BBC.

Brian

Pope John Paul the Sixth?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

dzinkin

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 09:55:01 AM »
The story is here.

In the future, Brian, please provide a link to any stories you cite.

brianhenke

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:47:31 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 09:55 AM\']The story is here.

In the future, Brian, please provide a link to any stories you cite.
[snapback]66604[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oops, I didn't have a pen to write it down.

Brian

A rolling stone gathers no dust?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Charles Ingram update
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 11:58:43 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 11:47 PM\']Oops, I didn't have a pen to write it down.
[/quote]
Then copy and paste.
Or don't do it at all.

Mark

An empty brain is full of air?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

wheelloon

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 01:53:33 PM »
SERVES HIM RIGHT TOO!

It should've been most obvious to anyone who saw that episode (or even part of it) that something fishy was going on... OMG, cheating can't get more obvious than that!!!!
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

starcade

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 09:18:13 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 01:53 PM\']SERVES HIM RIGHT TOO!

It should've been most obvious to anyone who saw that episode (or even part of it) that something fishy was going on... OMG, cheating can't get more obvious than that!!!!
[snapback]66752[/snapback]
[/quote]

Agreed.  Although I think that was only a matter of time.  It was clear, if you watched either the British or American stories on the event, that the Ingrams had to be desperate for large sums of cash to go for that kind of a scheme.

And never answered is how Tecwyn Whittock actually got himself into the Ring of Fire and whether THAT was 100% legit...

But why this guy was never put in prison for that incident, I have no idea...

ChuckNet

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 10:21:45 PM »
Agreed. Although I think that was only a matter of time. It was clear, if you watched either the British or American stories on the event, that the Ingrams had to be desperate for large sums of cash to go for that kind of a scheme.

And if he'd just settled for a lesser sum like £125K or £250K, or even just one question shy at £500K, he prolly would've gotten away w/it, too...any sum less than £1M just isn't newsworthy, which means virtually no media scrutiny compared to a grand prize winner (In a "Millionaire Moments" book written by Chris Tarrant last yr, he speculates that Charles and Diana were arguing afterwards re: whether or not he should've stopped at a smaller amount).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

dougal18

Charles Ingram update
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 05:18:05 AM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 09:18 PM\']
And never answered is how Tecwyn Whittock actually got himself into the Ring of Fire and whether THAT was 100% legit...

But why this guy was never put in prison for that incident, I have no idea...
[snapback]67547[/snapback]
[/quote]

IIRC Tecwen managed to make it in Millionaire's Row for 2 successive episodes (which Tarrant pointed out) but I can't remember if this was the same shows as Charles Ingram.  Maybe he is really lucky - unlike this poster!

The Major avoided prison because he has disabled children.  He also kissed his career goodbye in the Army as well as the million  - which made jail time pointless.