Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Cue/theme Wish List  (Read 15406 times)

johnnyd1788

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2004, 01:34:37 AM »
Yeah, that should be all. Some of that stuff I know exists, but sometimes you can find it easier than where you know, you know?

Yeah. Me neither.

TimK2003

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2004, 02:45:54 PM »
I'm Ssurprised that nobody yet has mentioned wishing for a CLEAN version of the original "Storybook Squares" from the mid-to-late 60s.  Pretty much every music cue from the Squares which came out in the 60's and early 70s was a gem.

johnnyd1788

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2004, 04:00:26 PM »
Well, for one, the SS theme is the same as the original HS theme, so that would be on the 2nd GSN CD.

And people are complaining it isn't in good quality. It is because this is that it is the most good quality we will get out of that. GSN actually got the master copies of the master themes for each CD and this is probably the most master we will get for a while...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 04:00:56 PM by johnnyd1788 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2004, 04:31:08 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 01:34 AM\']Yeah, that should be all. Some of that stuff I know exists, but sometimes you can find it easier than where you know, you know?
[/quote]
That's "all"?  Why not throw in another 30 shows while you're at it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JayDLewis

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2004, 04:46:41 PM »
I'd love to hear 2 pieces in the clear.

The Race Game music (the saloon-y running stuff)
The Switcheroo music

Hell, anything from Price would be a treat.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

uncamark

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2004, 05:02:10 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 04:00 PM\']Well, for one, the SS theme is the same as the original HS theme, so that would be on the 2nd GSN CD.

And people are complaining it isn't in good quality. It is because this is that it is the most good quality we will get out of that. GSN actually got the master copies of the master themes for each CD and this is probably the most master we will get for a while...
[snapback]66882[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not GSN--Varese Sarabande Records.  GSN just had their name on it.  It was the Varese Sarabande people who did some of the leg work and put together the two albums.

TimK2003

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2004, 08:55:07 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 04:00 PM\']Well, for one, the SS theme is the same as the original HS theme, so that would be on the 2nd GSN CD.
[/quote]

Actually there *was* a different theme for the version of "Storybook Squares" which aired on it's own as a Saturday Morning kids show on NBC around '68 or '69 (I have the episode that's floating on the trade circuit).  Take out the goofy slide whistles they used in the theme and you got a theme that would sound good with many non-children's game shows at the time.

Later incarnations of Storybook Squares were incorporated into the daytime HSq as sort of a "children's week" special -- thus it was not necessary to switch to the original Storybook Squares music for the special weeks.

Just out of curiosity, when HSq did incorporate the Storybook Squares into their daytime shows, did they continue to redo the entire set (including the contestant area & storybook entrance, like on the Saturday morning shows), or did they just do up the celebrity board?

johnnyd1788

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2004, 09:26:51 PM »
Sorry to offend anyone if I did. It turned out I was majorly wrong on most of that one post, lol...

Anyways, I had a feeling the SS theme was Bob and Merrill's theme because I have the SS GSN aired on Halloween and they played the one from the CD... So I just assumed that. I guess that was one from Children's Week.

Chief-O

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2004, 10:31:11 PM »
They used "Bob and Merrill's Theme" for the 70's SS shows, but the 60's shows DID use a different theme.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 10:31:24 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

uncamark

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2004, 06:01:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Dec 13 2004, 08:55 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 04:00 PM\']Well, for one, the SS theme is the same as the original HS theme, so that would be on the 2nd GSN CD.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, when HSq did incorporate the Storybook Squares into their daytime shows, did they continue to redo the entire set (including the contestant area & storybook entrance, like on the Saturday morning shows), or did they just do up the celebrity board?
[snapback]67165[/snapback]
[/quote]

The set was redone to look like Fantasyland at Disneyland, with a castle set for that area between the contestants and the game board that was usually blank at regular shows (but had the crawl machine and art card easels), although the contestant desks and Marshall's podium remained the same.  There was also a different logo for the "Storybook Squares" shows and a different opening.  Two "heralds" (probably played by Harry Friedman, Gary Johnson and/or Art Alisi, I would expect) in costume mimed playing a trumpet fanfare, and then Kenny Wiliams stepped up in a town criers' costume as "Bob and Merrill's Theme" struck, holding a piece of partchment, and said, "Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  By royal decree, two families will compete for valuable treasures today on--'Storybook Squares!'  And now, here is the master of the 'Storybook Squares,' Sir Peter of Marshall!"  Marshall came out in standard suit and tie, one of the "heralds" would give him a hand mike, and then he introduced the celebs in their costumes.  He then would say something like, "and we'll meet our families after these messages."  Fade to commercial.

Jimmy Owen

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2004, 08:39:59 PM »
A-ha! So Peter did have to wear long pants for at least those shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

WOF7504

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2004, 11:18:35 PM »
Here's what I'd like,

Press Your Luck Piano Mix Theme
Press Your Luck Prize Music
Wheel of Fortune 1992 Theme
Wheel of Fortune 1994 Package
Wheel of Fortune 2000/2002 Package

davemackey

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2004, 02:40:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Dec 13 2004, 11:31 PM\']They used "Bob and Merrill's Theme" for the 70's SS shows, but the 60's shows DID use a different theme.
[snapback]67178[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which sounds like another William Loose composition... the orchestration and structure are quite similar.

Doug

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2004, 04:24:58 AM »
I'm looking for:

Friend or Foe Intro and Outro (and cues)
Current Jeopardy Theme no sax at the end
Wheel of Fortune Toss Up
Any Apprentice Board Room Music

JepMasta

GS Cue/theme Wish List
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2005, 06:10:39 PM »
here's my list

Jeopardy! '02
the original Jeopardy! piano think theme with no sax
an '80s TPiR car cue used to this day (it begins ba-da-duh-da-BUM-BUM) if it's any help
the the current TPiR Race Game theme