Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question for you Canadians out there...  (Read 1795 times)

ChuckNet

Question for you Canadians out there...
« on: November 26, 2004, 07:22:44 PM »
The following is from a visitor to my site trying to recall the name of a Canadian relationship show, supposedly produced by CHCH in Hamilton, Ont:

It was a very messy, silly thing...every week they'd interview a person at some unnamed local bar, and then offer a selection of three potential mates for this person.  The mates were judged by a panel of women with odd, stereotyped roles (a preppy girl, a mean girl, and I think there were twins in matching wigs named "Razzle" and "Dazzle").  They'd also consult with a handwriting analyst and a tea-leaf reader.  There was a band in mini-skirts that usually only played a single note when prompted by the hostess, and I think they also dropped down a rubber chicken from the ceiling for some reason.  In the end, the winning mate was chosen by an "Applause Meter," that was actually an arrow pinned to a board that the hostess would spin around.  The whole thing looked like a highschool production, but stood out for sheer creativity and spunk (and also for the mean-spirited commentary on the personal attributes of the contestants).

Anyone remember this show?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")