Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pittsburgh "Celebrate the Season" parade  (Read 1531 times)

Mike Tennant

Pittsburgh "Celebrate the Season" parade
« on: November 24, 2004, 03:42:25 PM »
The theme of this year's Pittsburgh "Celebrate the Season" parade is "Legends."

Among the featured "legends" will be two with current game show connections:

1.  Richard Karn, host of FF
2.  Jimmy McGuire from the J! Clue Crew

Other "legends" include Eddie Mekka (the "Big Ragu"), Herbie (the Love Bug), Chubby Checker, and other, even lesser-known celebrities.

Boy, do we get the big names to turn out, or what?

uncamark

Pittsburgh "Celebrate the Season" parade
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:57:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Nov 24 2004, 03:42 PM\']The theme of this year's Pittsburgh "Celebrate the Season" parade is "Legends."

Among the featured "legends" will be two with current game show connections:

1.  Richard Karn, host of FF
2.  Jimmy McGuire from the J! Clue Crew

Other "legends" include Eddie Mekka (the "Big Ragu"), Herbie (the Love Bug), Chubby Checker, and other, even lesser-known celebrities.

Boy, do we get the big names to turn out, or what?
[snapback]64761[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, if Donnie Iris shows up with The Jaggerz ("Rap/Rap/Rap/They call him the rapper...")...  :)

And I had to look at the lineup for our own Chicago Christmas Parade tomorrow (on WLS and nationally syndicated)--the big deal is soap queen Nancy Lee Grahn from "General Hospital" (who, it should be mentioned, is from Skokie), "GMA"'s Kate Snow (not Diane, Charlie, Robin or even the weather guy) and one of the *guys* from "Desperate Housewives" (not the housewives *or* James Denton, who used to live in Chicago).  And someone (not Ty) from, as the WLS item puts it, "Extreme Home Makeovers" (don't you think the Chicago ABC O&O would get the title of "Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition" right?).

But I'll probably still take a peek--I always like to see which casts from local theater productions are lip-synching away on State Street and if there's anyone I know out there.

ObGameShow:  Hell if I know.