Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Monopoly  (Read 2365 times)

bulldog_06

Monopoly
« on: November 05, 2004, 05:18:26 PM »
Now, we all know that Monopoly premiered in 1990 from Merv Griffin Productions. I loved the game but not the host. I want to know what company(ies) did the other two pilots in the '80s? You know the one with Peter Tomarken and I heard from this source that Marc Summers also did one.

Here is the source:Monopoly
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 05:19:16 PM by bulldog_06 »

zachhoran

Monopoly
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 07:25:02 PM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 05:18 PM\']Now, we all know that Monopoly premiered in 1990 from Merv Griffin Productions. I loved the game but not the host. I want to know what company(ies) did the other two pilots in the '80s? You know the one with Peter Tomarken and I heard from this source that Marc Summers also did one.

[snapback]63125[/snapback]
[/quote]

Griffin and/or King World did the Tomarken pilot, I didn't hear about the SUmmers pilot until now.

aaron sica

Monopoly
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 07:33:55 PM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 05:18 PM\']Now, we all know that Monopoly premiered in 1990 from Merv Griffin Productions. I loved the game but not the host. I want to know what company(ies) did the other two pilots in the '80s? You know the one with Peter Tomarken and I heard from this source that Marc Summers also did one.

[snapback]63125[/snapback]
[/quote]

Apparently everyone and their brother is trying to see it - exceeded its data transfer.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Monopoly
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 10:35:52 PM »
Y'know, if a teacher or anybody has ever told you to be careful researching on the 'net...do listen. That "source" site is yours truly, just using info from here. And being the little archivist I am when it comes to that, here's the quote from Mr. Conn that bred that tidbit:

"There was a King World-produced pilot/demo tape that was taped before the Tomarken pilot, hosted by Marc Summers. Gameplay was more like the actual game of Monopoly, with the host calling play-by-play."

Maybe he can add/subtract to that.

-Jason
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 10:38:08 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvwxman

Monopoly
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 06:44:41 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 10:35 PM\']Y'know, if a teacher or anybody has ever told you to be careful researching on the 'net...do listen. That "source" site is yours truly, just using info from here. And being the little archivist I am when it comes to that, here's the quote from Mr. Conn that bred that tidbit:

"There was a King World-produced pilot/demo tape that was taped before the Tomarken pilot, hosted by Marc Summers. Gameplay was more like the actual game of Monopoly, with the host calling play-by-play."

Maybe he can add/subtract to that.

-Jason
[snapback]63156[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are false statements on the internet?

Matt (6'2", Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, 6 Pack Abs)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

Monopoly
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 10:43:50 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Nov 6 2004, 07:44 AM\']There are false statements on the internet?
Matt (6'2", Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, 6 Pack Abs)[/quote]
Which one of us are you talking about?

Meanwhile, if our good Mr. Conn is the source of your Monopoly information, then it's solid.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

bulldog_06

Monopoly
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »
Okay enough about that. I need some help from you guys. I am going to start a web page that deals with a tribute to the big named board game based game shows. Such as:

MONOPOLY
SCRABBLE
TRIVIAL PURSUIT
BOGGLE (IF POSSIBLE)
PICTIONARY

YA know, games like that.

The thing is I kind of want you guys to also be a part of this to make it the best tribute to these games ever. This has been on my mind for some time now but I wasn't how to put on the computer until now. If you would like to a part of this please send an email to:

albulldog06@yahoo.com (albulldog06@yahoo.com)

I am willing to work with you guys on this! I am very excited! But if no one seems to care, than I will go on from there.