Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Return Of The "Jeopardy!" Sketch?  (Read 3042 times)

bwood

The Return Of The "Jeopardy!" Sketch?
« on: October 01, 2004, 11:10:38 PM »
I don't think there has been a Jeopardy! sketch on SNL since a few years ago when the Celebrity J! sketches ended upon Will Ferrell's departure. So with that being said.....
With the recent Ken Jennings phenomenon on J! who thinks tomorrow (the SNL season premiere) will mark the return of the Jeopardy! sketch on SNL? Sure, it probably won't be Celebrity J! (unless it's Ken vs Celebs).
The whole Jennings thing is a big event in pop culture that happend over the summer while the SNL cast and crew were on break and I can't see them just skipping over it.  Who knows, they may just mention it on Weekend Update and be done with it, but for some reason, I see them doing some sort of sketch. They have that Jeopardy! set in storage (even though it's based on the "Sushi Bar" set) and this is a good reason to dig it out. Sure, it wouldn't be the same without Ferrell as Trebek, but I'm sure somebody could do a good job playing him.

On a side note, does MADtv's season begin tomorrow as well? I can see them spoofing it somehow too.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 11:41:59 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 11:10 PM\']On a side note, does MADtv's season begin tomorrow as well? I can see them spoofing it somehow too.
[/quote]

MadTV's season started two Saturdays ago.  They spoofed KenJen on its season premiere.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 11:42:43 PM by hmtriplecrown »

JayC

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 12:32:08 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 10:41 PM\']MadTV's season started two Saturdays ago.  They spoofed KenJen on its season premiere.[/quote]
Does anyone know if FOX or Comedy Central will rerun the first 2 episodes of the season anytime soon?  I completely did not know Mad premiered already.  Was the Ken spoof a good one?

remlap

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 05:37:30 PM »
The MadTV sketch was good nothing compaired to the SNL ones Ive seen.

Id love Connery having it out with Jennings that be classic.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 05:37:52 PM by remlap »

bwood

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 02:29:08 AM »
I missed the first half hour of SNL. Did they do anything that had to do with Jennings? They didn't mention it during the Weekend Update segment so I thought maybe they did something about it before then.
If not, maybe they'll wait until next week since he will be back on the show after the two week break they had fot the the ToC.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:30:29 AM by bwood »

MCArroyo1

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 10:36:07 AM »
No, there was no mention of Ken last night.  Just a WHOLE lotta Bush and Kerry bashing.  Maybe they'll wait until he actually loses...

davemackey

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 09:45:18 PM »
Will Ferrell has not returned to SNL, but his name did. On the live show last night, as Don Pardo was reading the cast names, he said "Will Ferrell" instead of Will Forte.

And Don Pardo has worked for NBC for how long? SIXTY YEARS?!?!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 07:56:34 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Oct 3 2004, 08:45 PM\']And Don Pardo has worked for NBC for how long? SIXTY YEARS?!?!
[snapback]59440[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's the problem. Don's a legend and all, but i think he may officially be too old to be staying up this late. They really should pre-record him.
@lambertman

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 07:59:37 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Oct 5 2004, 06:56 PM\'][quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Oct 3 2004, 08:45 PM\']And Don Pardo has worked for NBC for how long? SIXTY YEARS?!?!
[snapback]59440[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's the problem. Don's a legend and all, but i think he may officially be too old to be staying up this late. They really should pre-record him.
[snapback]59662[/snapback]
[/quote]

I got to see the show live last year, and was STUNNED when he came out to welcome the crowd...he no longer does much for the open (a writer for the show was the warm up guy), but he still looked damn good for his age.

That said, he needs to pre-record.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 01:48:04 PM »
Thinking about the likelyhood of a Ken sketch; there's one big problem: the humor factor.

It's damn funny to watch celebs giving really dumb answers.  It's a great bit.  It's not funny at all to see Ken open his 50th can of whupass on two unfortunate souls.  That's probably why whenever a sitcom uses a game show as part of the plot, the characters end up losing; it makes for a funnier story.
Travis L. Eberle