Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel changes  (Read 6900 times)

tmq800

Wheel changes
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 06:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 06:23 PM\']
If you ask me, the only thing I'd want to see return is the Free Spin space.

Just placing one Free Spin token on the Wheel wouldn't be fair, because then only one player can use it.

Maybe if they brought it back and limited each player to one Free Spin disc, you'd have something. The Free Spin space was scrapped during the 1989-90 season due to contestants earning as many as five or six Free Spin discs with skillful spinning. A contestant on the daytime show in the late 80s had five free spins, using all of them in round two and never losing control of the board. This was still in the shopping era, and the third round was a speed up round from the outset. The third player became(at the time) the first(and maybe the only) player ever to win on WOF without ever spinning the Wheel, thanks to Pat hitting the $2K on the final spin.
[snapback]59066[/snapback]
[/quote]

The free spins should be electronically stored in the player's bank whenever they hit the FREE SPIN space, and if he/she wants to use the free spin, just hit the button on the toss-up device and a free spin is taken from the player's bank.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel changes
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2004, 07:58:32 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 04:23 PM\']Just placing one Free Spin token on the Wheel wouldn't be fair, because then only one player can use it.
[snapback]59063[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes.

With the Free Spin space, each player gets a Free Spin token (whether it's given to them without them calling a letter, or WITH them calling a letter), and upon receiving it, can use it.
[snapback]59063[/snapback]
It surprises me that in your vast WOF collection you do not have any of the episodes where a player reeled off like 4 or 5 consecutive hits of the Free Spin, which is why they changed it to the format used today.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 07:58:52 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

Wheel changes
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2004, 01:12:03 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Sep 27 2004, 01:03 PM\']While Vanna's current role is greatly reduced from Susan's original role, I'd go so far as to say that Vanna leaving the show would create a far bigger hole than Pat leaving.
[snapback]58573[/snapback]
[/quote]

But it's not a hole that Brooke Burns couldn't fill.

You know what would be a good April Fools thing--have Vanna on "Jeopardy!" to tap the monitors when the answers are revealed.

Perhaps if they reduced the prize money, they could have fewer plugs. Just a thought.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wheel changes
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2004, 01:14:44 PM »
Yet, I'm sure most of us would be happy to fill one of Brooke's--never mind.
Just placing one Free Spin token on the Wheel wouldn't be fair, because then only one player can use it.
If you want "fair" come to Iowa in August.  By the same token, they should have three slots on the wheel be "Fur Coat", because its not "fair" for only one contestant to win.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 01:14:55 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

Wheel changes
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2004, 01:40:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 12:14 PM\']
Yet, I'm sure most of us would be happy to fill one of Brooke's--never mind.
[snapback]59189[/snapback]
[/quote]

Perfect, baby. Absolutely perfect.
So anyhow. Brooke Burns hosting and Brooke Burke at the letter board. Teenage boys will be locking their bedroom doors all over town.

Neumms

Wheel changes
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 02:52:58 PM »
So anyhow. Brooke Burns hosting and Brooke Burke at the letter board. Teenage boys will be locking their bedroom doors all over town.
[snapback]59195[/snapback]
[/quote]

Then whammo! Their demographic troubles are over!

Steve Gavazzi

Wheel changes
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2004, 06:20:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 02:52 PM\']Then whammo! Their demographic troubles are over!
[snapback]59208[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wasn't aware PYL was still making new episodes.

(Make a smart-ass reply to that and I break-a you face. :-)