Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Miked Mill Arounds  (Read 1713 times)

Jimmy Owen

Miked Mill Arounds
« on: September 16, 2004, 10:48:35 AM »
Ian has a good thread about closings where there is no applause.  I'd like to ask if anyone remembers those mill-arounds at the ends of the shows where you could hear what the people were talking about.  Bill Cullen's Pyramid was one that you could hear everything, applause, music and the celebrities chatter as the credits rolled (usually to the end of the theme)  Generally the conversation was on the game just completed, but occassionally there would be small talk.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

Miked Mill Arounds
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:09:54 PM »
Sometimes on the syndicated "What's My Line" you could hear what was being said at the end.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Don Howard

Miked Mill Arounds
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:16:39 PM »
To that list add Password Plus and Wheel Of Fortune, when WOF was on NBC.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 12:17:21 PM by Don Howard »

SamJ93

Miked Mill Arounds
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »
I remember on "Shopping Spree," which ran on The not-FOX-or-ABC Family Channel in 1995, you could hear Ron Pearson and the contestants chatting during during the credits, usually as Ron played around with the props from the Birthday Party.

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

zachhoran

Miked Mill Arounds
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:23:42 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 11:51 AM\'] I remember on "Shopping Spree," which ran on The not-FOX-or-ABC Family Channel in 1995, you could hear Ron Pearson and the contestants chatting during during the credits, usually as Ron played around with the props from the Birthday Party.
 [/quote]
 Some PAX episodes of SUpermarket Sweep would allow us to hear what David and the contestants were saying as they walked over to the item not found in an unwon bonus round when time ran out. After they walked to the item, the music got a bit louder and the applause started